當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 名著精讀《傲慢與偏見》第十章 第2節

名著精讀《傲慢與偏見》第十章 第2節

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.74W 次

"How delighted Miss Darcy will be to receive such a letter!"

ing-bottom: 56.41%;">名著精讀《傲慢與偏見》第十章 第2節

“達西小姐收到了這樣的一封信,將會怎樣高興啊!”

He made no answer.

他沒有回答。

"you.write uncommonly fast."

“你寫信寫得這樣快,真是少見。”

"You are mistaken. I write rather slowly."

“你這話可說得不對。我寫得相當慢。”

"How many letters you must have occasion to write in the course of the year! Letters of business too! How odious I should think them!"

“你一年裏頭得寫多少封信啊。還得寫事務上的信,我看這是夠厭煩的吧!”

"It is fortunate, then, that they fall to my lot instead of to yours."

“這麼說,這些信總算幸虧碰到了我,沒有碰到你。”

"Pray tell your sister that I long to see her."

“請你告訴令妹,我很想和她見見面。”

"I have already told her so once, by your desire."

“我已經遵命告訴過她了。”

"I am afraid you do not like your pen. Let me mend it for you. I mend pens remarkably well."

“我怕你那支筆不大管用了吧。讓我來代你修理修理。修筆真是我的拿手好戲。”

"Thank you -- but I always mend my own."

“謝謝你的好意,我一向都是自己修理。”

"How can you contrive to write so even?"

“你怎麼寫得那麼整齊來着?”

He was silent.

他沒有作聲。

"Tell your sister I am delighted to hear of her improvement on the harp, and pray let her know that I am quite in raptures with her beautiful little design for a table, and I think it infinitely superior to Miss Grantley's."

“請告訴令妹,就說我聽到她的豎琴彈得進步了。真覺得高興,還請你告訴她說,她寄來給我裝飾桌子的那張美麗的小圖案,我真喜歡極了,我覺得比起格蘭特小姐的那張真好得太多了。”

"Will you give me leave to defer your raptures till I write again? -- At present I have not room to do them justice."

“可否請你通融一下,讓我把你的喜歡,延遲到下一次寫信時再告訴她?這一次我可寫不下這麼多啦。”

"Oh! it is of no consequence. I shall see her in January. But do you always write such charming long letters to her, Mr. Darcy?"

“噢,不要緊。正月裏我就可以跟她見面。不過,你老是寫那麼動人的長信給她嗎,達西先生?”

"They are generally long; but whether always charming, it is not for me to determine."

“我的信一般都寫得很長;不過是否每封信都寫得動人,那可不能由我自己來說了。”

"It is a rule with me, that a person who can write a long letter, with ease, cannot write ill."

“不過我總覺得,凡是寫起長信來一揮而就的人,無論如何也不會寫得不好。”

us adj. 可憎的,討厭的

Comparisons are odious.
人比人,氣死人。

rive v. 發明,設計,圖謀,設法做到

Can you contrive to be here early?
你能不能設法早到點?

ure n. 狂喜 vt. 使狂喜

In rapture some little boys and girls were listening to an interesting story.
一些男孩和女孩正非常高興地聽一個有趣的故事。

consequence adj. 有意義(重要,具有 ... 意義)

He is a man of consequence in the Labour Party.
他是工黨中舉足輕重的人物。