當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(1)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(1)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.03W 次

22 Journey into the Unknown

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(1)
22 踏上未知的旅程

I was shot on a Tuesday at lunchtime.

我是在星期二中午被槍擊的。

By Thursday Morning my father was so convinced that I would die that he told my uncle Faiz Mohammad that the village should start preparing for my funeral.

到了星期四早上,父親幾乎已經確定我活不下去了,所以,他讓我的舅舅法伊茲·穆罕默德開始在村裏幫我準備後事。

I had been put into an induced coma, my vital signs were deteriorating, my face and body were swollen and my kidneys and lungs failing.

我處於引導昏迷的狀態中,生命跡象不斷惡化,臉和身體都腫了起來,腎臟和肺臟逐漸衰竭。

My father later told me that it was terrifying to see me connected to all the tubes in that small glass cubicle.

父親後來告訴我,看到我在那間小小的玻璃隔間裏,身上插滿管子,是最可怕的事。

As far as he could see, I was medically dead.

他認爲從醫學的角度來說,我已經死了。

He was devastated. 'It's too early, she's only 15,' he kept thinking. 'Is her life to be so short?'

他陷入絕望之中,“這太早了,她不過才15歲,”他心想,“難道她的生命真的如此短暫嗎?”

My mother was still praying – she had barely slept.

我的母親還是持續祈禱着,她幾乎沒有合過眼。

Faiz Mohammad had told her she should recite the Surah of the Haj, the chapter of the Quran about pilgrimage,

法伊茲·穆罕默德告訴她,她應該誦唸《古蘭經》裏講述朝覲的內容。

and she recited over and over again the same twelve verses (58–70) about the all-powerfulness of God.

母親把那十二段禱詞(58-70)一遍又一遍地反覆誦讀,禱詞裏講的是真主的全知全能。

She told my father she felt I would live but he could not see how.

她告訴父親,她覺得我能活下來,但父親難以贊同。

When Colonel Junaid came to check on me, my father again asked him, 'Will she survive?'

當朱奈德上校來檢查我的狀況時,父親再次詢問:“她能活下來嗎?”

'Do you believe in God?' the doctor asked him.

“你信真主嗎?”醫生問他。

'Yes,' said my father. Colonel Junaid seemed to be a man of great spiritual depth.

“我相信。”父親回答。朱奈德上校看起來是個很有精神深度的人。

His advice was to appeal to God and that He would answer our prayers.

他建議父親向真主懇求,而真主會迴應我們的禱告