當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(13)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(13)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.56W 次

Today we all know education is our basic right.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(13)
現在,我們都知道接受教育是我們的基本權利。

Not just in the West; Islam too has given us this right.

不只在西方,伊斯蘭教也賦予了我們這項權利。

Islam says every girl and every boy should go to school.

伊斯蘭教義提到,每個女孩和每個男孩都該上學。

In the Quran it is written, God wants us to have knowledge.

《古蘭經》裏這樣寫道:真主希望我們習得知識,

He wants us to know why the sky is blue and about oceans and stars.

他想讓我們知道爲什麼天空是藍色的,以及海洋與星辰的奧祕。

I know it's a big struggle – around the world there are fifty-seven million children who are not in primary school, thirty-two million of them girls.

我知道這是一個很大的挑戰——世界上有5700萬名孩子沒有上小學,其中有3200萬是女孩。

Sadly my own country Pakistan is one of the worst places: 5.1 million children don't even go to primary school even though in our constitution it says every child has that right.

可悲的是,我自己的國家巴基斯坦是世界上情況最嚴重的地方之一:510萬名兒童沒上過小學。但我們的憲法裏卻明文規定每個孩子都被賦予這項權利。

We have almost fifty million illiterate adults, two-thirds of whom are women, like my own mother.

還有我們國家有將近5000萬名成人是文盲,其中2/3是女性,就像我的母親那樣。

Girls continue to be killed and schools blown up.

女孩繼續被殺害,學校被炸燬。

In March there was an attack on a girls' school in Karachi that we had visited.

3月時,有一所我們曾造訪過、位於卡拉奇的女子學校遭受攻擊。

A bomb and a grenade were tossed into the school playground just as a prize-giving ceremony was about to start.

一枚炸彈和一枚手榴彈,在一場頒獎典禮正準備開始之前,被擲進了學校的操場。

The headmaster, Abdur Rasheed, was killed and eight children hurt between the ages of five and ten.

學校校長阿布多·拉什德因此喪生,8個五到十歲之間的孩子受到傷害。

One eight-year-old was left disabled.

一個八歲的孩童面臨左半身癱瘓的命運。

When my mother heard the news, she cried and cried.

母親聽到這則消息時,哭個不停。

'When our children are sleeping we wouldn't even disturb a hair on their heads,' she said, 'but there are people who have guns and shoot them or hurl bombs.

“當我們自己的孩子在睡覺時,我們連他頭上的一根頭髮都不忍驚動,”她說,“但有些人卻開槍射殺他們,或是拿炸彈丟他們。

They don't care that their victims are children.'

他們根本不在乎那些受害者是不是孩子。”