當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(3)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(3)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.47K 次

Later that day a nurse came and put drops in my eyes.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第22章:踏上未知的旅程(3)
那天晚些時候,一位護士來幫我點眼藥水。

'Look, Khaista,' said my Mother. 'Dr Fiona is right because the nurses put eye drops in Malala's eyes.

“你看,卡什塔(原文爲khaista,帥哥的意思),”母親說,“菲奧娜醫生是對的,護士來幫馬拉拉點眼藥水了。

They wouldn't put drops in if there was no chance.'

如果她沒有希望了,他們就不會來幫她點眼藥水了。”

One of the other girls who had been shot, Shazia, had been moved to the same hospital and Fiona went to check on her.

另一箇中槍的女孩夏息雅也被轉到這間醫院,菲奧娜醫生替她做了檢查,她告訴父親,夏息雅沒事。

She told my father that Shazia was fine and had begged her, 'Look after Malala!'

夏息雅還拜託菲奧娜醫生:“請照顧馬拉拉!”

We were taken to the helipad by ambulance under high security with motorcycle outriders and flashing blue lights.

好幾臺重型摩托車閃着警燈開道,護送我們前往停機坪。

The helicopter flight was one hour and fifteen minutes.

直升機飛行的1小時15分鐘裏,

Dr Fiona hardly sat down; she was so busy the whole way with all the different equipment that it looked to my father as if she was fighting with it.

菲奧娜醫生幾乎從未落座。她全程都在忙着弄那些大大小小的儀器,父親覺得她像是在跟那些儀器打仗一樣。

She was doing what she had been doing for years.

菲奧娜做的正是這些年來她一直在做的事。

Half her work in the UK was moving critically ill children, the other half was treating them in intensive care.

她在英國時,有一半的工作就是轉移重症病童,另一半工作內容是在重症病房裏醫治這些孩子。

But she had never been in a situation quite like this.

但她從未經歷過目前這種情況,

Not only was Peshawar dangerous for Westerners but after googling me she realised this was no ordinary case.

因爲不僅白沙瓦對西方人來說是個很危險的地方,而且在上網搜尋過關於我的資料後,她發現這不是一個單純的病案。

'If anything had happened to her it would have been blamed on the white woman,' she said afterwards.

“如果馬拉拉有個三長兩短,全部的責任都會落在這個白人女醫生身上。”她後來這麼說,

'If she'd died I would have killed Pakistan's Mother Teresa.'

“如果她死了,我就等於是殺了巴基斯坦的特蕾莎修女。”