當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(7)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(7)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 5.1K 次

I describe life in England to Moniba.

padding-bottom: 70.63%;">雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第25章:尾聲(7)
我把在英國的生活講給莫妮巴聽。

I tell her of the streets with rows of identical houses,

我告訴她這裏街道上的房子都長一個樣,

unlike home, where everything is different and higgledy-piggledy and a shack of mud and stones can stand next to a house as big as a castle.

不像老家那邊家家戶戶的外觀都不同、毫無章法,房子旁邊用泥巴和石頭搭起來的棚子可能跟城堡一樣碩大。

I tell her how they are lovely solid houses which could withstand floods and earthquakes but have no flat roofs to play on.

我告訴她,這裏的房子美觀而又堅固,可以承受水災或地震,但也少了一個能爬上去玩的平坦屋頂。

I tell her I like England because people follow rules, they respect policemen and everything happens on time.

我告訴她我喜歡英國,因爲大家都奉公守法,人們尊敬警察,每一件事情都遵照時間表進行。

The government is in charge and no one needs to know the name of the army chief.

政府負責打理一切,沒有人需要知道軍方的負責人叫什麼名字。

I see women having jobs we couldn't imagine in Swat.

這裏的女性做各種各樣的工作,是我們在斯瓦特無法想象的:

They are police and security guards; they run big companies and dress exactly as they like.

她們可能是警察或保安,她們也可能掌管大企業,她們想穿什麼就穿什麼。

I don't often think about the shooting, though every day when I look in the mirror it is a reminder.

我不常想起槍擊事件。但每天,只要照鏡子,我就會看到那起事件留在我身上的烙印。

The nerve operation has done as much as it can.

神經手術已經發揮了它最大的作用,

I will never be exactly the same.

但是,我還是永遠不會跟以前一模一樣了。

I can't blink fully and my left eye closes a lot when I speak.

我無法將眼睛完全閉攏;當我說話時,左眼經常不受控制地合上。

My father's friend Hidayatullah told him we should be proud of my eye.

父親的朋友希達亞圖拉告訴他,大家應該以我的左眼爲榮。

'It's the beauty of her sacrifice,' he said.

“這是她自我犧牲留下的印記。”他這樣說。