當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 網絡社交英語口語 Unit24:她約的人一直沒來

網絡社交英語口語 Unit24:她約的人一直沒來

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.04W 次

SCENE② F 唐跟柔絲說話 然後回來<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

網絡社交英語口語 Unit24:她約的人一直沒來

【她約的人一直沒來】

Herbert: She thinks I'm a 1) geek, right? Look, she's leaving.

赫伯特: 她覺得我是隻愛玩電腦的怪物,對吧?你看,她要走了。

Don: Her date never showed up. Anyway, you're got a second chance.

唐: 她約的人一直沒來。總而言之--你有第二次機會了。

Herbert: What do you mean?

赫伯特: 什麼意思?

Don: I told her you love music and the piano. You're just 2) shy.

唐: 我告訴她你喜歡音樂和鋼琴。你只是害羞而已。

Herbert: Did she believe you?

赫伯特: 她相信你嗎?

Don: Looks that way. She 3) agreed to teach you, starting next Monday.

唐: 看來是這樣。她答應教你,下星期一開始。

Herbert: What? Me? Oh, no, no, no.

赫伯特: 什麼?我?噢!不,不,不行!

Don: Here's the address, and the time. Good luck, 4) Romeo.

唐: 這是她的地址,還有上課時間。祝你好運,羅密歐。


語言詳解

A: The weather conditions are optimal today.

今天的天氣非常理想。

B: I agree. Let's go fly a kite.

我同意。我們去放風箏。

show up 現身】

show up是指“出現,現身”的意思。

A: Let's meet him at the railway station at the appointed time.

我們在指定的時間到車站去和他碰面好了。

B: What if he doesn't show up?

要是他到時候沒來怎麼辦?

B句是另一人擔心會等不到人的問法。

1) geek (n.) 電腦玩家,只懂電腦的怪人

2) shy (a.) 害羞的

3) agree to... 同意(做什麼事)

4) Romeo (n.) 羅密歐。出自莎士比亞的《羅密歐與茱麗葉》,在這裏表示多情的男人。