網絡社交英語口語 Unit45:你的臉上開始表現出來
SCENE② C 柔絲下載音樂
Sue: Oh? Did you say probably?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
蘇: 哦?你是說“可能”?
Rose: Yes, why?
柔絲: 對啊,怎麼了?
Sue: Ha, ha! That means you're 1) considering it!
蘇: 哈哈!那表示你在考慮了!
Rose: Considering what? Are you jumping to 2) conclusions again?
柔絲: 考慮什麼?你又想隨便下結論了嗎?
Sue: No. It looks like you're considering liking him for what he is...
蘇: 纔不呢。看起來你考慮不論他是什麼樣的人,你都會喜歡他……
Rose: I didn't say that.
柔絲: 我可沒說。
Sue: Rose, you would never say that. But you face is starting to show it.
蘇: 柔絲,你嘴裏絕不會說。但你的臉上已經開始表現出來了。
語言詳解
A: Happy one year anniversary! Here're your flowers, baby!
一週年快樂!寶貝,這是給你的花!
B: Oh, Holmes! You are so considerate!
喔,荷姆斯!你真是貼心.
【Don't jump up conclusions. 別妄下斷語】
當別人還沒完整瞭解事實就開始下結論,你就可以說這句話。
A: So you're going to quit!
那你是要辭職!
B: Don't jump to conclusions. I just said I wanted a change.
別那麼快下結論. 我只是說我想做些改變.
1) consider (v.) 考慮
2) conclusion (n.) 結論