當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第期:加倍努力

迷你對話學地道口語第期:加倍努力

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.3W 次

Dialogue:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第期:加倍努力

A: What do you plan to do in holidays?

你假期裏準備幹什麼?

B: I 'll have to study.

我要學習。

A: Why?

爲什麼?

B: I got a very bad school report this term. If I don't pull up my socks. I'll be lagged behind by the class.

我這學期的成績很差,如果再不努力,就跟不上大家了。

一, 詞海拾貝

pull up one’s socks

exp. To make a redoubled effort; to make a sincere attempt to improve. (加倍努力,真心地嘗試去提高

e.g. After that abysmal grade on my midterm exam, I'm going to have to really pull up my socks if I want to pass math this year.

我期中考試的成績糟透了。要是我今年想在數學考試中過關的話,我可得加倍努力。

e.g. John, if you don't start pulling up your socks, we're going to have to give your job to someone else.

約翰,如果你再不振作起來加緊努力工作,我們就要把你的工作讓給別人了。

e.g. If he's hoping to gain promotion he will have to pull his socks up.

他如果希望得到提升,就得再加一把勁。

e.g. His teachers told him to pull his socks up, or he'd undoubtedly fail his exam.

老師要他加把勁兒,不然考試準不及格。

二, 語彙積累

1. lag behind:落後

e.g. If we walk slower than the others we shall lag behind them.

如果我們比其他人走得慢,我們就會落在他們後面。

e.g. She is very strict with herself in her English study and unwilling to lag behind.

她對自己的英語學習要求很嚴格,不甘人後。

2. school report:學生成績報告單

e.g. Could you bring your birth certificate and your last school report with you?

你能否把你的出生證以及最近的學校成績報告單一起帶來?

e.g. I got an unfavourable school report this term. ( an unfavourable school report:一份分數不佳的報告單)

我這個學期考試成績不佳。