當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(15)

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(15)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.39W 次

My mother used to tell me to hide my face when I spoke to the media because at my age I should be in purdah and she was afraid for my safety.

雙語暢銷書《我是馬拉拉》第13章:古爾瑪凱的日記(15)
母親經常告誡我,在媒體上說話時,要記得把臉遮起來,因爲在我這個年紀,應該懂得遵守婦德,而且她也擔心我的人身安全。

But she never banned me from doing anything.

但她從不會阻止我去做任何事。

It was a time of horror and fear.

那是一段充滿恐怖與懼怕的日子。

People often said the Taliban might kill my father but not me.

人們總說,塔利班可能會殺害我的父親,但不會對我下手。

'Malala is a child,' they would say, 'and even the Taliban don't kill children.'

“馬拉拉還是個孩子,”他們會說,“就算是塔利班也不會殺小孩。”

But my grandmother wasn't so sure.

但我的外祖母卻並不那麼確定。

Whenever my grandmother saw me speaking on television, or leaving the house she would pray, 'Please God make Malala like Benazir Bhutto but do not give her Benazir's short life.'

每當祖母看見我在電視上說話,或看到我準備要出門,她就會祈禱:“真主啊,請讓馬拉拉成爲像貝·布托一樣的人,但請不要讓她跟貝·布托一樣短命。”

After my school closed down I continued to write the blog.

學校雖然關閉了,但我還在繼續寫博客。

Four days after the ban on girls' schools, five more were destroyed.

在女子學校被禁四天後,有五所女校被摧毀了。

'I am quite surprised,' I wrote, 'because these schools had closed so why did they also need to be destroyed?

“我不明白,”我寫道,“既然這些學校都已經關門了,爲什麼還要摧毀它們呢?”

No one has gone to school following the Taliban's deadline.

在塔利班訂立的期限到來之後,沒有一個人再去上學了。

The army is doing nothing about it.

而我們的軍隊則尸位素餐。

They are sitting in their bunkers on top of the hills.

在他們山頂上的地堡裏挺屍。

They slaughter goats and eat with pleasure.'

享受着酒池肉林般的生活。