當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第334期:自主 自食其力

迷你對話學地道口語第334期:自主 自食其力

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 7.18K 次

特別聲明:

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第334期:自主 自食其力

該文章中的迷你對話精選自口語書籍,對話精講爲可可編輯編寫。

第一、迷你對話

A: I want to leave home, mum.

媽媽,我想離開家了。

B: Why?

爲什麼?

A: I am a grow-up, and I can stand on my own two feet.

我長大了,已經能夠自食其力了。

B: It’s up to you.

由你自己決定吧。

第二、對話精講

【地道表達】stand on one’s own feet

【解詞釋義】to be independent and provide yourself with all the things that you need to live without having to ask anyone else to help you 獨立自主,有主見

【支持範例】I've supported those children long enough - it's time they learned to stand on their own two feet.

我已經認爲這些孩子夠大了,現在是他們學會獨立自由的時候了。

If he doesn't stand on his own feet at his age, he'll lose his self-respect.

如果到他這樣的年齡還不自立,他會失去自尊的。

Websters want someone who can stand on his own feet.

韋伯斯特公司需要有獨立見解的人。

I don't want allowances made for me. I want to stand on my own feet for what I'm worth.

我不需要誰來原諒我,我應該憑本事自力更生。

第二、 詞海拾貝

be up to sb.

【短語釋義1】由......決定

I don't care when you clean the house. It's up to you.

我纔不管你什麼時候打掃房子呢,這由你自己決定。

It is up to you to decide when we will start.

這該有你來決定我們什麼時候出發。

I have given you the idea; its technical implementation is up to you.

我已經給你們出了主意,至於技術上的事兒該看你們的了。

You've got eight hours to make up your minds. It's up to you.

你們必須在八小時內拿定主意。主意由你們去拿。

【短語釋義2】勝任,適合

My passive vocabulary in Spanish would not be up to the task.

我的西班牙詞彙不夠用,因此難以勝任。

It' s a tough assignment, and I hope he' ll be up to it.

這是個艱鉅的任務,我希望他能勝任。

There can be no doubt that she is up to the job.

毫無疑問,她是勝任做這工作的。

It is evident that he is not up to the job.

顯然,他不能勝任那個工作。