當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第134期:給某人提供詳情

英語口語練習小對話 第134期:給某人提供詳情

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.77W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第134期:給某人提供詳情

A:I learned of the railway accident only this morning.

我今天早上才聽說火車事故的事情。

B:A really dreadful accident and many people were killed.

真是一場可怕的事故,死了很多人。

A:Is that true?

真的嗎?

B:Yeah, well, I fill you in one the details later.

是呀,等會兒我再告訴你詳細情況。

B:Thanks.

多謝。

地道表達:

fill somebody in on the details

解詞釋義:

detail作爲名詞,本義爲“細節”,on the details是指“關於細節的情況”,即“詳細情況”,fill in在此可以理解爲“向......提供最新消息”,因此fill sb in on the details意思就是“向某人提供詳細情況”。

支持範例:

Eg.As for the fight that France made in the next few years against a European coalition we cannot fill you on the details.

關於接下去幾年裏法國對歐洲同盟作戰的情況,我們不可能詳細述說。

Eg.I will fill him in on the details that Mr. James Helstone's career and character I was acquainted with.

我將告訴你我所知道的詹姆斯·赫爾斯通先生的生涯和性格的一切詳細情況。

Eg.I didn't fill them on the details, I didn't want them to go crazy.

我沒有把詳細情況告訴她們,我們不想把她們氣瘋了。

Eg.He earnestly pressed her to come with her daughters to Barton park, after filling her on the details about the house and garden,

他講述了房子和花園的詳細情況以後便懇切地竭力勸說她攜帶女兒到巴頓莊園來。

詞海拾貝:

learn of:獲悉,聽說

Eg.It is with the deepest regret that we learn of your bereavement.

驚悉你親人逝世,深切悲痛。

Eg.Shocked to learn of your mother death I express heartfelt condolence in your affliction.

驚悉你母親去世,謹此表示深切的慰問。

Eg.The country is stunned to learn of the death of the president .

聽到總統逝世的消息,全國爲之震驚。

Eg.She was depressed to learn of her illness.

她得知自己患病,心情十分抑鬱。

視野拓展:

fill in:填寫

Eg.First make an outline and then fill in the content.

先搭好架子, 再充實內容。

Eg.If you fill in this form, you can take books out of the library.

如果你填了這張表,就可以把書帶出圖書館。

Eg. If you want tickets for the ferry, please fill in this booking form.

你如果想買渡船的票,請填寫訂票單。

Eg.The teacher asked us to fill in the blanks with prepositions.

老師叫我們在空白處填入介詞。

特別聲明:該節目的迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分爲恆星原創,未經恆星許可請勿轉載。