當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1810期:厲害極了

迷你對話學地道口語第1810期:厲害極了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.11W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1810期:厲害極了

A: He beats the band.他可真厲害。

B: Yeah. Every time he makes the family feel proud of him.

是的!他每次都讓自己的家人感到驕傲。

A: Not like us, the black sheep of the family.

不像我們,家裏的敗家子。

B: You admire him? Don't let me look down upon you.

你羨慕他?別讓我瞧不起你。

A: I never think we are inferior to others.

我從來沒有想過我們比別人差。

第二,地道表達

beat the band

1. 解詞釋義

Beat the band的意思爲:to a huge or the greatest possible extent or degree,用中文說則是:又急又猛地,起勁地,又快又猛地。

2. 拓展範例

E.g. He's selling computers to beat the band since he started advertising.

自從他開始打廣告以來,他銷售電腦非常快。

E.g. It's raining to beat the band.

雨下得真猛。

E.g. Don't worry about waking Tom. He can sleep to beat the band.

別擔心會吵醒湯姆,他會睡得像頭死豬一樣。

E.g. The children cheered to beat the band when the holidays arrived.

當假期來臨,孩子就高興地要命。

E.g. I gave the clothes to him and then I lay down and cried to beat the band all the afternoon.

我把衣服給了他,然後我躺到牀上號陶大哭了一下午。

第三,視野拓展

1. feel proud of :爲......感到驕傲

E.g. If you are brave, you will feel proud of yourself and walk with your head held high.

但你若勇敢,就會引以爲榮昂首闊步。

E.g. Congratulations, all of us feel proud of your remarkable achievements!

祝賀你,我們都爲您所取得的巨大成就感到驕傲。

2. the black sheep of the family:害羣之馬,敗家子

E.g. They say I'm the black sheep of the family because I decided to be an actor.

他們說我是家裏的敗類,因爲我決定去當個演員。

E.g. He was the black sheep of the family after he had got involved in the bank robbery.

在他被牽累進銀行搶劫案後,就成了全家的敗家子。

E.g. After he had been in prison Peter was regarded as the black sheep of the family.

彼得坐過牢之後,被看作是家庭中的不肖子孫。

3. look down upon:看不起......

E.g. You shouldn't look down upon him just because he is a dustman.

你不應該因爲他是個清潔工就輕視他。

E.g. We must not look down upon those who have lagged behind.

我們不應該瞧不起後進的人。

E.g. We should never look down upon a person because of what his parents have done.

我們不應該因爲一個人的父母所做的事而看不起他本人。

4. inferior to:次於......,差於......

E.g. He is inferior to none.

他是首屈一指的。

E.g. I am inferior to others in many respects.

我在許多方面不如別人。

E.g. Anna's work is so good that the other children feel inferior to her.

安娜的作業做得太好了使別的孩子都感到不如她。