當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1912期:過時了

迷你對話學地道口語第1912期:過時了

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.84W 次

第一,情景對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1912期:過時了

A: I want to buy a type writer.

我想買臺打字機。

B: Don't be silly. The typewriter has had its day. Don't you know the computer has replaced it?

別傻了。打字機已經過時了。難道你不知道計算機已經替代打字機了嗎?

A: But if there's a power failure, you can still work with it.

如果停電的話,用打字機還是可以工作的。

B: It depends on you.

隨你吧。

第二,詞海拾貝

have had it’s day:已經沒有用而不再受歡迎了,過時了

e.g. To tell the truth, your design have had it’s day and was not to the taste of the market .

實話說吧,你們的款式早已過時了,不合市場的口味。

第三,語彙積累

1. power failure:停電,電源故障

e.g. Last week we had a massive power failure during a freak afternoon thunderstorm.

上星期在反常的午後雷雨過程中,我們遇上大規模停電。

e.g. A power failure plunged the house into darkness.

斷電使房子陷入一片黑暗之中。

e.g. The power failure brought the refrigerator to a rest.

停電致使冰箱停止工作。

2.depend on:依靠,依賴

e.g. May I depend on you to stand by me and my daughters?

我可以指望你照料我和女兒了?

e.g. I haven' t got a car, so I have to depend on the buses.

我沒有汽車, 所以我得乘公共汽車.