當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第1816期:千載難逢,極其罕見

迷你對話學地道口語第1816期:千載難逢,極其罕見

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.19W 次

第一,迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第1816期:千載難逢,極其罕見

A: Who plays a more important role in your education, you father or your mother?

是你父親還是你母親對你教育更多些呢?

B: My mother, of course.

當然是我母親。

A: How about your father?

那你父親怎樣呢?

B: He turns out once in a blue moon.

我很少見到他。

第二,地道表達

once on a blue moon

1. 解詞釋義

Blue moon是指“不可能或稀有的時期或事情”,once in a blue moon這個短語的意思是“千載難逢,極爲罕見”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. We only go home to visit my folks once in a blue moon.

我們難得回家去看我父母。

e.g. It's only once in a blue moon that you get an opportunity like that.

像那樣的機會,你能得到的實在是太少了。

e.g. It snow here once in a blue moon.

這裏幾乎不下雪。

e.g. He got her letter once in a blue moon.

他很少收到她的來信。

第三,視野拓展

1. play a role:扮演角色,發揮作用

e.g. They played a shameful role in this farce.

他們在這場鬧劇中扮演了可恥的角色。

e.g. She would only play a role if she could identify with the character.

她只願扮演她能認同的角色。

e.g. The young captain played a decisive role in the success of the revolutionary war.

這位年輕的上校在革命戰爭勝利中起着決定性的作用。

2. turn out:出現,出席,參加

e.g. Thousands of people turned out for the funeral.

數千人蔘加了葬禮。

e.g. I wish I hadn't to turn out in this cold, foggy weather.

在這寒冷而多霧的天氣裏,我要是不必外出該有多好。