當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第58期:發牢騷

英語口語練習小對話 第58期:發牢騷

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.52W 次

昨日重現:

英語口語練習小對話 第58期:發牢騷

竭力鼓吹

迷你對話:

A:I don't understand why some parents keep beefing and complaining about their daughters not being able to follow suit.

我真搞不懂爲什麼有些父母總是不停地發牢騷,抱怨他們的女兒們不學他們的榜樣。

B:Yeah. Lo Na's mother has been building a fire under her since her neighbour's daughter got married with a Canadian. She's almost driving Li Na crazy.

是啊,自從李娜鄰居的女兒嫁給了一個意大利人,她媽媽就不停地對她緊催快趕。她很快把李娜逼瘋了。

A:If I were Li Na, I would ask her if she had done that.

如果我是李娜,我就問質問她媽媽是否曾經也是給她的母親催促嫁給意大利人。

B:She a as meek as a lamb. She never goes against anyone or anything. She's as good as gold, you know?

她像羊羔一樣溫順,從不反抗。你知道嗎,她很乖。

地道表達:

beef發牢騷

講解:美國早年開發西部時期,要將西部草原上長成的菜牛運到東部市場,這全靠牛仔們爬山涉水趕着牛羣一直到鐵路附近,然後把牛裝上火車運走。牛爬山涉水往往勞累不堪,因而怒氣沖天地吼叫起來。後來,該習語比喻爲“發牢騷”。

支持範例:

Eg. The man who likes to beef often has little to beef.

喜歡發牢騷的人往往並沒有什麼值得抱怨的事。

wouldn't listen to my beef against his subordinates.

他不願聽我對他下屬所發的牢騷。

Eg.I have my beef about that.

我對那件事很不滿。

's your beef this time?

這次你的牢騷是什麼?

詞海拾貝:

lain about:抱怨,發牢騷

moaning; you really have nothing to complain about.

不要再抱怨了,實際上你是沒有什麼事可抱怨的。

ow suit:學榜樣,照摸樣,如法炮製

go to bed and she follow suit after a few minute

他上牀睡覺,幾分鐘後她也跟著去睡了。

would be beneath your dignity if you'd follow suit and do the same.

如果你也那樣做,那可就有失身份了。

's taking a long vacation. I suggest you follow suit.

託德正在休長假,我建議你也這麼做。

everyone wear conservative suits? Then you'd best follow suit.

是每個人都穿保守的套裝嗎?那你最好也穿套裝。

d a fire under sb:緊催某人,緊逼某人,迫使某人行動起來

needn't build a fire under me.

你不用催促我。

'd better build a fire under him.

我們最好催促他一下。

married with:與......結婚

e sb crazy:把某人逼瘋

Eg. It is enough to drive me crazy.

這足夠使我冒火。
Eg. Doing this mindless work all day is going to drive me crazy .

整天做這種不用心的工作,會使我發瘋。

Eg. There are times when I truly believe your questions will drive me crazy.

有時候, 我真的認爲你的問題會使我精神錯亂。

meek as a lamb:非常溫順

was thought he might have resisted arrest, but in the event he accompanied the officers to the Police Station, as meek as a lamb.

原來人們認爲他會拒捕的,但結果他像小羊一樣,老老實實地隨着警察到了警察局。

he'd thought I would sit there meek as a lamb while he abused my family, he must have got a real surprise.

如果他事先以爲在他罵我家時我會順服地坐在那兒,他一定會感到震驚。

against:反對,違背

'll go against law

那要犯法的。

's to say, no people's deputy can go against the people's will.

這就是說,人民代表不能違反人民的意志

a sort of throwback to the victorian age, she will not go against her old dad's wish.

她有點像維多利亞時代的女性,不肯違背自己老父的意願。

n't that go against principles of education?

這種做法是不是有違教育原理?

good as gold:很乖(好到極點,規規矩矩)

little daughter is as good as gold. She's never been as rebellious as other children.

他的小女兒很乖,從不像別的孩子那樣不聽話。

he first started teaching in that school, the boys were a bit troublesome, but now they're as good as gold. They never give him any trouble at all.

他剛開始在那所學校教書時,男孩子們有點調皮搗蛋,可是現在他們規規矩矩,不再給他添麻煩了。

children were as good as gold while you were out.

你不在時孩子都乖極了.

, be good as gold when Daddy is away from home.

孩子們,爸爸不在家時你們要乖乖的。

特別申明:該節目迷你對話選自《脫口說英語》之習語口語大全,其餘部分爲恆星編輯原創,未經授權請勿轉載。