當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第85期:突然發生

英語口語練習小對話 第85期:突然發生

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.81W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第85期:突然發生

A:Sorry, honey, something has cropped up again. I have to deal with it. Perhaps I will go to back home till very late.

對不起,親愛的,又發生了點意外的事情,我得留下來處理,坑呢要很晚才能回家。

B:It's nothing. It's not the first time anyway.

沒關係,反正不是第一次了。

A:Oh, come on. I will be back as early as possible.

哦,得了,我會盡可能快早點回去。

B:I hope so.

但願如此。

地道表達:

短語crop up的意思是“突然發生或出現”,作爲這一層意思,crop up等於crop out。另外crop up還有“被提到”的意思。

支持範例:

lar problems may crop up in our future work.

在我們的工作中,今後還可能出現類似的問題。

neous views may crop up during discussions, but that is nothing to be afraid of.

討論當中可能會出來一些錯誤的意見,也不可怕。

course new problems will crop up and have to be tackled.

當然也還有新問題,還需要繼續解決。

Eg.I put it upon myself to answer for anything that might crop up.

我對任何可能發生的事情負責。

詞海拾貝:

with:處理,對付

you know how to deal with this problem?

你知道怎樣處理這個問題嗎?

work experience equipped him to deal with all kinds of people.

他的工作經驗使他能與各種各樣的人打交道。

Eg.I refuse to deal with that firm any longer.

我拒絕不再同那家公司交易。

is not the function of this committee to deal with dismissals.

處理解僱問題不是本委員會的職責.

late:直到深夜

debated on the question till late into the night.

我們就這個問題辯論到深夜。

Eg. Istayed up till late last night.

昨天晚上我熬夜了。

studied till late last night,or rather, early this morning.

他昨天一直學習到深夜,或者更確地說,一直到今天凌晨。

Eg.I am not a workaholic, I can't stand working till late frequently.

我不是工作狂,我不能忍受經常工作到很晚。

early as possible:儘可能早

, we have let you know as early as possible.

好的,我們會讓你們儘早知道。

kept on to the director to make a decision as early as possible.

她一再催促主任儘早作出決定。

've got to give you their best advice as early as possible.

他們應能儘早向你提出好建議。

'd better start off as early as possible lest you should be late.

免得遲到, 你最好趁早動身。

口語句子:

It's nothing.

我們表述某件事情不重要時,可以說這句話,可以翻譯爲:“沒關係。”“不要緊。”它後面還可以加一些詞語進行修飾,例如:

' s nothing to speak of.

那不值得一提。

' s nothing to be surprised about.

沒有什麼值得大驚小怪的.

Eg.I have completed my examination and I am happy to say it 's nothing serious .

我已經檢查完了,我高興地說病情並不嚴重。