當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第158期:完蛋

英語口語練習小對話 第158期:完蛋

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.29W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第158期:完蛋

A: Dad, can you buy a new camera? My old one has gone west.

爸爸,能買個新相機給我麼?我的舊的那個壞了。

B: What? I gave it to you only 3 months ago.

什麼?我三個月前纔給你買的。

A: So, you didn’t buy a good one for me. This time how about a better one?

那就說明你沒買個好的給我,這次買個好的怎麼樣?

B: Ok, son. I think I’ve go to tell you the truth. My company has gone out and I’m now out of job. If you want a new camera, go and earn money yourself.

好的,兒子,我該跟你說實話了。我的公司倒閉了,我也下崗了,你要是想買個新相機,就自己掙錢吧。

地道表達:go west

解詞釋義:改習語有兩個意思,一個是指“到美國,加拿大西部區去”,這些地區在殖民初期沒有移民;第二個意思是“上西天,死”,把這個說法用來形容事物,就是“東西損壞,事物不再存在”的意思。

支持範例:

There be a fire and five year of research work go west.

失了一場火, 五年的研究工作毀於一旦。

Come along boys. Let's go west where you may have a chance to get rich.

來吧,孩子們!我們到西部去,那裏或許有機會發財。

詞海拾貝:

1. go out:倒塌,跨下

Eg. The old house went out suddenly.

老房子突然倒塌。

2. out of job:失業

Eg. He was very hard up for money when he was out of job.

他失業的時候很窮。

Eg. He fell out of job two weeks ago.

兩星期前他失業了。

Eg. Smith were in debt because he was out of job.

史密斯一家負債累累,因爲史密斯失業了。

Eg. Colin is out of job and he' s looking for a job.

柯林失業了,正在尋找工作。