當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第102期:背地裏

英語口語練習小對話 第102期:背地裏

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.64W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第102期:背地裏

A:Why did the boss come down on Joe like a ton of bricks.

爲什麼老闆對Joe百般刁難。

B:He spoke evilbehind his back.

他在背後說老闆的壞話了。

A:How did he know that he had badmouthed him?

老闆怎麼知道他說他的壞話的?

B:Someone told me off.

有人告狀了唄。

A:He is then in a very difficult situation.

那麼這是他處境很苦難啦。

B:Sure. He’ll get the bag.

是的。他可能要被解僱吧。

地道表達:

behind one's back揹着,在......的背後

解詞釋義:

back在這裏是名詞,即“脊樑”。Behind someone’s back意思爲“在......的背後”,即“揹着某人”,多用於貶義。

支持範例:

pretends to like you,but talks about you behind your back.

她僞稱喜歡你,但在背後批評你。

nd my back he has established contact with the enemy.

他揹着我和敵人建立了聯繫。

nice things to a person's face, but play devil with him behind his back.

當面奉承,背後搗鬼。

was the kind of person who would flatter you to your face, and then slander you behind your back.

他是那種當面脅肩諂笑, 背地裏造謠中傷的人。

have been operating behind my back.

你在我背後搗鬼。

詞海拾貝:

1.come down on:申斥, 懲罰, 責備

you don't behave I'll come down on you with heavy hand.

如果你不老實話,我定會對你不客氣。

began to come down on him like thunder.

他們就對他聲色俱厲,嚴加管教。

there's a mistake she'll come down on me like a ton of bricks.

要是有什麼差錯,她會狠狠地訓我一頓。

did our head come down hard on you when you were on duty last night?

昨天晚上你值班時,領導爲什麼罵你?

2.a ton of:許多

eats a ton of food a day.

它每天要吃一噸的食物。

's got a ton of things to do.

在這裏有許多事情可以做。

3.like a ton of bricks:氣勢洶洶,勃然大怒,來勢兇猛

came down on me like a ton of bricks when I arrived late.

我遲到時他對我大發脾氣。

the boss found me goofing off, he came down on me like a ton of bricks.

當老闆發現我偷懶時,他氣勢洶洶地訓斥了我一頓。

you ever have something that someone said hit you like a ton of bricks?

你可曾有過這種情況,某人的話會猛烈地衝擊着你?

one hit me from behind and I fell like a ton of bricks.

有人從背後向我猛然一擊,我重重地倒了下去。

. Wang's comments hit her like a ton of bricks.

王先生的評論,給她打擊很大。

fell upon the enemy like a ton of bricks.

他們以排山倒海之勢向敵人衝去。

3.speak evil:說壞話

should not speak evil of a man in his absence.

我們不應該在背後說別人的壞話。

Eg.I never heard you speak evil of a human being in my life.

我生平從來沒聽見你說人家的壞話。

's shabby to speak evil of others behind their back.

在背後講人壞話是卑鄙的。

Ireally don't want to speak evil of anyone, but he shouldn't have married such an indecent woman.

我真的不想說任何人的壞話,但他不該和這樣一個不體面的女人結婚。

4.tell sb off:告狀,像某人透露消息

Eg.I cannot believe she tried to tell me off about making too many phone calls at work.

我簡直不能相信她因爲我工作時間打電話太多就想斥責我。

teacher used to tell me off or not doing my homework.

老師以前總是責備我不做回家作業。

he shows any of his monkey tricks with me, I'll soon tell him off.

如果他跟我搗鬼,我馬上就會斥責他。

Eg.I'll have to tell him off about leaving that door unlocked.

我要批評他,沒有那門鎖上。

only will I tell him off, but I'm going to give him his walking papers.

我不僅要斥責他,而我還要解僱他。

5.in a difficult situation:處於艱苦的處境

' s in a difficult situation and doesn' t know what to do.

他的處境很困難,不知怎麼辦纔好。

showed great composure in a difficult situation.

他在困難環境中表現得極沉着.

ever we find ourselves in a difficult situation, he is always the one who offers to bell the cat.

每當我們身處困境,他總是自告奮勇設法解圍。

wept to find him in such a difficult situation.

看到他處於這麼困難的境況,她哭了。

特別聲明:該節目迷你對話精選自口語書籍,其餘部分均爲恆星原創,未經授權請勿轉載。