當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第212期:面無表情

英語口語練習小對話 第212期:面無表情

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第212期:面無表情

A: How is the result of your lab test?

你的檢查結果怎麼樣?

B: When it comes to that, I have a lot to say.

說來話長了。

A: Then say it.

說來聽聽。

B: When I went back to my doctor to hear the results of my lab tests, I tried to keep a poker face even though I was scared to death. Then you guess what he said.

我去醫生那兒看化驗結果的時候,我害怕得要死,不過我還是裝硬作沒有事兒一樣,你猜他怎麼說。

A: That’s just what I want to know.

我想知道的就是這個呀。

B: He told me the tests were negative and there was nothing wrong with me.

他說結果是陰性,我沒事兒。

地道表達:

keep a poker face

解詞釋義:

人們在玩牌的時候,爲了防止別人知曉自己牌的好壞,常常要面無表情,隱藏自己的心理狀況,所以poker face意思是“好無表情的臉,不動聲色的臉”,意思即:面無表情。

支持範例:

Our English teacher is always keeping a complete poker face.

我們的英語老師總是繃着一張臉。

He got very angry, but he tried to keep a poker face.

他很生氣,但儘量裝得若無其事。

詞海拾貝:

1. go back to one’s doctor:再去看病,再去看醫生

Eg. I feel sick again, should I go back to my doctor?

我又感到不舒服了,我該再去看醫生嗎?

2. be scared to death:嚇得要死

Eg. She was scared to death at the strange noise.

她被奇怪的聲響嚇了一跳 嚇得要死。

Eg. His face was white and he looked scared to death.

他臉色蒼白,非常驚慌。

Eg. I'm also scared to death that we shall be discovered and be shot.

想到我們會被發現會被槍殺,我又怕得要死。

Eg. I was scared to death when I saw someone walking slowly towards me in the dark.

當我看到一個人在黑暗中慢慢朝我走來時,我怕得要死。

口語句型:

1. It comes to... 談到......的話題

When it comes to talking about patriotism, he's an extremist.

一談到愛國主義, 他就很偏激.

When it comes to dancing, I'm all thumbs.

談到跳舞,我真是一竅不通。

2. There is nothing wrong with sb/sth. 某人或某物沒有問題(正常)。

Eg. You are just overtired. There is nothing wrong with you. You'll be all right after a couple days' rest.

你就是太累了, 沒別的毛病, 休息兩天自然會好的。

Eg. There is nothing wrong with the sentence.

這個句子沒有不對的地方。