當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第910期:扯平

英語口語練習小對話 第910期:扯平

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.23W 次

A: Let me see. How much should I pay for you?

英語口語練習小對話 第910期:扯平

讓我想想,我應該付你多少錢?

B: Don’t think about it!

別想了。

A: No, this will not do. Let me see.

那不行,那我想想。

B: You pay for the taxi and dinner, then even things up.

你來付出租車費和晚餐費,這樣就扯平了。

A: Good ideas.

好主意。

even up

1. 解詞釋義

Even up是指“使得局勢或競爭儘量公平合理”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. The nation's electronics industry made important strides this year to even up its bAlance of trade.

該國的電子產業今年取得了重大進步,平衡了貿易差額。

e.g. I would like to see the championship evened up a little bit more.

我希望冠軍賽更加勢均力敵一點。

3. 視野拓展

相關短語:

1. even up on someone:報復某人 ,報答某人

e.g. We can even up on them by teaching their children English.

我們可以通過教他們的孩子英語來報答他們。

e.g. We can even up on Bill and Alice by looking after their children next week.

我們下週可以給比爾和艾麗斯照看孩子來回報他們。

2. get/be even with sb.:償清債務,報復後與某人兩清

e.g. I'm going to get even with you for this.

我會跟你算這筆賬的。

e.g. He cheated me, but I'll get even with him one day.

他騙了我, 有朝一日我會報復他的。

e.g. It won't be enough even with this sum thrown in.

這筆錢搭上還不夠。

1. pay for sb. :費錢給某人

e.g. If you pay for both of us now, we can settle up later.

你要是現在先付清咱們兩人的帳,事後咱們倆再細算。

e.g. She locked horns with him over the subject of equal pay for women.

她在婦女同酬問題上跟他爭得不可開交。

2. pay for sth. :爲……付款

e.g. If you want to get the book, you must pay for it in advance.

如果你要買這本書,你得先付款。

e.g. How much must I pay for the damage?

我該賠多少損失費?

4. think about:考慮,仔細想想

e.g. I should like to think about your suggestion before I give a definite reply.

我想先考慮一下你的建議, 然後給你一個明確的答覆。

e.g. Elinor is thinking about emigrating to the United States.

埃莉諾正在考慮移居美國。