當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 與衣服有關的口語表達

與衣服有關的口語表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.38W 次

1. Dress to Kill = wear one‘s finest clothing
衣服漂亮得電死人。

  
範例短文:

The reception for the new ambassador was quite lavish. Naturally, everybody was dressed to kill. Since it was a formal occasion, everyone was dressed in their finiest, most elegant clothes.
歡迎新大使的招待會很豪華。自然,每個人的衣服都漂亮得電死人。因爲這是個正式場合,大家都穿着最好最體面的衣服。

與衣服有關的口語表達

來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道


  
2. Knock Someone‘s Socks Off = enthuse and excite
讓人興奮得連襪子都掉了。

  
範例對話:

A:Hi, John. What‘s new?
嗨,約翰, 怎麼樣?
B: Oh, nothing too much with me, but you ought to see Nick‘s new car. It‘ll knock your socks off! 
哦, 還那樣.不過你真該看看尼克的新車. 那車真帶勁!

來自:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道


  
3. Lose One‘s Shirt = lose a great deal of money
連襯衫都輸掉了,表示輸了很多錢。

  
範例對話:

A: I happened to bump into Doug at lunch yesterday afternoon.
昨天中午我碰上道格了.
B: What‘s new with Doug these days?
他怎麼樣?
A: He wasn‘t doing so well. For one thing, he told me he lost his shirt at the races.
不太好.有件事,他告訴我馬賽上輸了很多錢.
B: Doug has always liked to bet on the horses. I‘m not surprised that he lost a great deal of money.
他喜歡賭馬.說他輸了大錢我一點都不奇怪.  

來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道


  
4. Wet Blanket = dull or boring person who spoils the happiness of others
蓋溼毯子當然不舒服,象溼毯子一樣的人,一定是令人厭煩、倒人胃口的人。

  
範例短文:


James was not invited to go on the outing with the rest of the group because he‘s such a wet blanket.
詹姆士沒被同組的人邀請出遊,因爲他是個倒人胃口的人.

來源:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道


  
5. Dress to the Teeth = dressed elegantly
跟中國成語武裝到牙齒有異曲同工之妙,表示某人費盡心機着裝打扮。

  
範例對話:

A: Did you see Hilda at the party last night?
昨天的晚會上看見希爾達了嗎?
B: Yes, I did. She was really dressed to the teeth!
看見了.精心打扮得都到牙齒了.

出自:恆星英語學習網-口語頻道