當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 正能量集錦:5種想法讓自信魅力四射

正能量集錦:5種想法讓自信魅力四射

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.99W 次

No one doubts the value of confidence. In fact, research shows people often prefer confidence over actual expertise.
自信的價值毋庸置疑。事實上,研究顯示人們看重自信更甚於實際能力。

G. Richard Shell teaches at the Wharton School and his book Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success, out in paperback this week, has a great chapter on how to be more confident.
理查·謝爾現任教於沃頓商學院,他著作的《跳板:啓動你的個人成功搜索》一書的平裝版於本週與讀者見面,書中有很精彩的一章內容是關於如何變得更加自信。

Here’s what you need to know.
以下是大家需要知道的。

正能量集錦:5種想法讓自信魅力四射

1. Surround Yourself With People Who Believe in You
1. 和相信你的人一起

I’ve posted a lot about how the power of context can improve behavior. And people are a part of that.
我發過很多關於環境的力量如何提升行爲的論述。而人,也是這環境的一部分。

When you’re told you’re good by someone you respect, you believe it. Partially it’s a placebo effect. But that’s perfectly fine.
當你尊敬的人告訴你你很棒的時候,你會相信他。部分地講,這也是一種安慰效應。但這種感覺真的很棒。

This creates a self-fulfilling prophecy. When you believe you can do it, you work harder. When others believe in you, they push you harder.
這就創造了一個自我實現的預言。當你相信自己可以的時候,你會更加努力。當別人相信你的時候,他們會更盡力地推動你前進。

Together, these things make you do better — so you have a reason to be confident. And then next time, confidence comes easier.
所有因素一起作用都會讓你做得更好—所以你有理由變得自信。然後下一次,自信來得更加容易。

Via Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success:
以下來自於《跳板:啓動你的個人成功搜索》:

The phenomenon of transferred expectations, also called a “self-fulfilling prophecy,” occurs for a combination of two reasons. The person holding the expectation treats the other person differently, giving him or her more challenging work to do. This leads to more learning. At the same time, the person receiving the suggestion accepts it as an accurate assessment of his or her ability, and that in turn increases the level of effort the person gives.
期望傳遞,也被稱爲“自我實現的預言”。這種現象的產生是由兩個原因共同引起的。心懷期望的人對待其他人的方式是不同的,他會給其他人更有挑戰性的工作,從而讓人可以學到更多。與此同時,接受工作建議的人會將這看作對自己能力的準確評估,反過來也會付出更多努力。

The lesson here is plain: you should understand the power of being in a high-performing/ high-expectation social environment versus a low-performing/ low-expectation one. Your social setting can strongly affect what you believe is possible— and that will affect your confidence, the effort you expend, and the results you achieve.
其中的道理很直白:要懂得高表現/高期望的環境與低表現、低期望相比所能賦予的能量。你所處的社交環境會很強烈地影響你的信念—而信念會影響你的自信,你付出的努力,和你獲得的成果。

2. Focus On Learning
2. 專注於成長

When you focus on learning, failure is just a part of the process and won’t shake your confidence.
當你集中注意力在學習上時,失敗只是過程的一部分,不會動搖你的自信。

Tests are not a gauge of self-worth or unchangeable, innate ability. They’re a measure of how much improvement you’ve made.
測試不是對自我價值或者固有天賦的評估,而是對你的進步的估量。

Building on the research of Carol Dweck, you want to have a “growth mindset”: Measure yourself by effort, not by results.
根據卡羅爾·德偉克的研究,你需要有一個“成長的心態”:用付出去評估自己,而不是用結果。

Via Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success:
以下來自於《跳板:啓動你的個人成功搜索》:

…repeated experiments have demonstrated the value of praising effort rather than innate talent. If you are praised by others in the right way, this can lead you to praise yourself based on your genuine effort when you accomplish something significant and discount comments about the role of your natural ability. You should ignore any result— good or bad— that comes after you put in only a halfhearted effort. And you should be proud of any result that follows hard work— even when the result is not what you had hoped….
諸多實驗反覆證實了肯定付出的努力而不是天賦這一做法的價值。如果其他人以正確的方式表揚你,這也會引導你在有了重大成就的時候肯定自己真實的努力,更少地去在乎他人對於你的天賦所起作用的評價。如果只是三心二意地付出了,那麼你應該忽略由此帶來的任何結果—無論是好是壞。而且對於努力付出後的任何結果,哪怕不是當初所希望的……你都應該爲之自豪。

3. Create A Ritual
3. 開創讓自己進入狀態的儀式

What gets you in the zone? What gets you feeling ready? A cup of coffee? Preparation and review? Playing a game on your phone?
什麼能讓你進入狀態?什麼能讓你準備就緒?一杯咖啡?準備和回顧?手機上玩個遊戲?

Recent research from Harvard professors Michael Norton and Francesca Gino shows that rituals have the power to make you more confident.
哈佛教授邁克爾·諾頓和弗蘭切斯卡·吉諾的近期研究顯示:固定的儀式有讓人更加自信的力量。

Francesca explained in my interview with her:
弗蘭切斯卡在我對她的採訪中解釋到:

What we studied in this project was whether these rituals are really of beneficial effect in terms of bringing you confidence and potentially impacting your performance positively. That is actually what we found. What is interesting about the studies is that we also have physiological measures. What we find is that if you engage in a ritual prior to a potentially high anxiety task, like singing in public or solving difficult math problems, you end up being calmer by the time you approach the task, and more confident in what you’re about to do. As a result of that, you actually perform better.
在這個項目中,我們研究的是這些讓人進入狀態的儀式是否真正有益於培養自信和積極地影響你的表現。而這正是我們所發現的。研究中很有趣的一點在於我們也有生理上的估量指標。我們發現如果你之前有參與讓自己進入狀態的儀式,那麼在做類似在大衆面前唱歌或者解決數學難題這種會讓人產生潛在焦慮的事情的時候,你會更加冷靜,對自己要做的事情也會更加自信。因爲這樣,你實際上也會做得更出色。4. Accumulate Small Wins
4. 積累點滴的成功

Some Olympic athletes train in a way that is designed to build confidence.
有些奧林匹克運動員的訓練過程也是設計成培養自信的模式。

Rather than focusing on the gold medal, they set smaller achievable goals and build from there.
他們不把目標集中在金牌上,而是設定更小的能夠達成的目標,從小目標開始努力。

By seeing themselves accumulate these little wins, their confidence grows and grows until they feel unstoppable.
看着自己一點一滴地積累達成小目標的成功,他們會越來越自信,直到有了無可抵擋的感覺。

Via Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success:
以下來自於《跳板:啓動你的個人成功搜索》:

In one of the best articles on Olympic training I have ever read, Daniel Chambliss tracked the techniques used by USA Swimming to get its athletes ready to compete in the Olympic games. One of the common threads in this training was to focus on a series of “small wins” in training rather than on the larger goal of winning a medal. As Chambliss summarized it, the swimmers “found their challenges in small things: working on a better start this week, polishing up their backstroke technique next week, planning how to pace their swim.” As a result, they got the satisfaction of “very definable, minor achievements,” which in turn gave them the confidence to attempt more small wins each and every day.
在我讀過的關於奧運訓練最好的文章之一中,丹尼爾·錢布利斯對美國奧運游泳項目的訓練方式進行了追蹤。其中一個常見的訓練要素就是集中注意在一系列“點滴的成功”,而不是贏得金牌的大目標。如錢布利斯所總結的,游泳運動員們“在細小的事情上發現挑戰:這周有一個更好的開始,下週完善自己的仰泳技巧,計劃着怎樣有條不紊地遊。”這樣一來,他們在“非常明確的,點滴的成就”中感到滿足,從而讓他們每天都自信地去嘗試積累更多點滴的成功。

5. It’s Rational To Do The Irrational
5. 即使看似毫無理性,也放手去做

This is a very rational blog. You, however, are not a very rational creature. So do what works, even if it seems irrational.
這是一個理性說理的博客。而人本身,卻不是非常理性的生物。所以,儘管看似毫無理性,但只要有用,就放手去做。

Research shows good luck charms do inspire confidence. And this improves performance on a variety of tasks.
研究表明幸運符的確可以激發自信,且在很多不同的活動中都能提升表現。

Via The Courage Quotient: How Science Can Make You Braver:
以下來自於《膽商:科學如何讓你更勇敢》:

The researchers found that by activating good luck beliefs, these objects were consistently able to boost people’s self-confidence and that this up-tick in self-assurance in turn affected a wide range of performance. Lucky thinking, it turned out in this study, positively affected people’s ability to solve puzzles and to remember the pictures depicted on thirty-six different cards, and it improved their putting performance in golf! In fact, people with a lucky charm performed significantly better than did the people who had none. That’s right, having a lucky charm will make you a better golfer, should you care about such things, and improve your cognitive performance on tasks such as memory games.
研究人員發現,一旦激發人們對幸運符帶來好運的信念,這些幸運符便能夠長久地激發人的自信,而這種對積極的自我肯定反過來也能影響很多方面的表現。研究表明,這種基於幸運的思維方式,能夠積極地影響人們在猜謎,記憶36個不同圖片的卡片,以及打高爾夫球時推杆的能力。實際上,有幸運符的人們比沒有任何幸運符的人們表現明顯更棒。就是這樣噢,如果你在意幸運符一類的東西的話,它確實會讓你高爾夫打得更好,還能提升你在諸如記憶遊戲等活動中的認知表現。

6. Get To Work
6. 努力去建立自信

Yes, some people are naturally superconfident. Others fake it.
是的,有些人生來超級自信,其他人則需要假裝。

And you can, with some work, build confidence.
而且,做些努力,你可以建立自信。

What did Alfred Binet, the inventor of the IQ test, say about intelligence?
智商測試的發明者阿爾弗雷德·比奈,對於智力講過什麼呢?

Via Springboard: Launching Your Personal Search for Success:
以下來自於《跳板:啓動你的個人成功搜索》:

It is not always the people who start out the smartest who end up the smartest.
最後智力超羣的人,並不總是開始時候的那些聰明人。

The same is true of confidence.
自信也是如此。