當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 如果一家餐廳有這些跡象,千萬別去吃!

如果一家餐廳有這些跡象,千萬別去吃!

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.51K 次

如果一家餐廳有這些跡象,千萬別去吃!

RESTAURANT RED FLAGS THAT SCREAM 'DON'T EAT HERE'
來自餐廳的吶喊—“不要來這吃”

Sometimes you can walk into a restaurant and have a sixth sense that your experience is going to be horrible. Be careful: there are certain features of a dining establishment with red flags that you might never pick up on. If you see any of these, dine at your own risk.
有時候當你走進一家餐廳,你的第六感就會預示,你可能將經歷一些可怕的事。需要注意的是:一些不好的餐廳都會有一定的特徵,而這些特徵你可能從來都沒有注意過。因此,如果你在餐廳遇到以下情況,你就應該對你自己的晚餐負責而慎重考慮是否選擇這些餐廳。

1. Servers are pushing a seafood special a little too aggressively
服務員極力推銷一款海鮮
It's not your job to eat the stuff management can't convince people to order. Especially something perishable like seafood.
吃一些不能讓人放心點單的食物不是你的職責。特別是海鮮這樣易腐壞的食物。

2. The dishes are all labeled with another restaurant's logo
餐具上標有另一個餐廳的標誌
Hats off to them if they're trolling, but you probably should've just gone to the other restaurant.

如果他們想留住你就向他們脫帽婉拒,你或許應該去其他餐廳。

3. The food in the cold case looks like it's mummified
食物在寒冷的條件下像是木乃伊化的
Perhaps you'd be better off going home and eating a bowl of Fruity Yummy Mummycereal from 1983.
這就好比你現在回家喝一碗1983年製作的美味水果麥片。

4. The menu's the size of a book
菜單是一本書的體量
The majority of restaurants offering up a million dishes on one menu are probably not experts in every cuisine under the sun.
那些在菜單上列出很多菜品的大多數餐廳可能其實對每一種菜品的烹飪並不擅長。(不過這條在中國似乎不適用。)

5. There's a velvet rope outside, but no line
餐廳外有一根排隊用的天鵝絨繩子,卻沒有人排隊
The bouncer doesn't even look like he's interested in taking his lunch break there. And what is he bouncing exactly?
甚至連保鏢都不會選擇在這裏午休。而且他到底在維護誰的安全呢?

6. You're waited on by a single server in an otherwise empty restaurant
在空落落的餐廳裏服務員等在一旁專門爲你服務
Unlike sitting in an empty movie theater, which can make you feel like a king-- sitting in an empty restaurant is super uncomfortable. Especially if the owner knows that no one's showing up, so they only staff the place with one server. And usually that server is either super incompetent and doesn't bother waiting on you, or way too attentive and you have to keep brushing them off. Also, what does it say about a restaurant if the place is always empty? Usually it says: this place will close for good soon.
與坐在一個空無一人的電影院的感覺不同,這並不能使你感覺自己是一個國王,反而會有一種不舒適的感覺。特別是當店主知道沒有別人所以只給你安排一個服務員的時候。而通常那個服務員會很不稱職也很不耐煩地等你點單,或者是做事不夠細心以至於你不得不拒絕他們的服務。並且我們要知道,是什麼樣的餐廳會經常空蕩蕩的沒人光顧呢?當然是那些馬上就要永久關門倒閉的餐廳。

7. The wall is full of unsigned celebrity portraits
牆上掛滿了沒簽過名的名人肖像
It's like they're just waiting for Christina Aguilera to come in and sign that thing.
這就像是他們只是等待克里斯蒂娜·阿奎萊拉來簽名。

8. Cockroaches are your dining partners
蟑螂是陪你用餐的夥伴
A bug in a restaurant is not going to kill you, unless that bug is a brown recluse spider and it bites you immediately after you sit down. Even a few flies or a spider shouldn't be enough to dissuade you from a meal at a restaurant you love. But cockroaches are nothing to play around with, because if you see one, chances are there are others lurking about. And in a worst-case scenario they might all fall on your head at once.
餐廳裏存在的一個小問題不會是你致命,除非這個問題是棕色隱士蜘蛛,然後在你就座之後立馬就咬了你。即使一些蒼蠅和蜘蛛不足以阻止你去你愛的那家飯館。但蟑螂並不是單獨出現的,因爲如果你看到一個,很有可能還有其他蟑螂在潛伏。最壞的情況是他們都會落在你的頭上。

9. The name is suspiciously similar to a better restaurant's
餐廳名字與比它更好的餐廳的名字非常相似
We're sure Fame-ish Ray's is great and all...
我們都知道Fame-ish Ray's這家店很棒…

10. The restaurant specializes in cuisines from two distinct culinary styles
餐館的菜系主打兩種不同的烹飪風格
We're referring to restaurants that claim to make great pizza and gyros. Sorry, but it takes serious culinary skill to do either one of those dishes justice. No chef is going to make top-notch pizza and gyros. Do you think you can get excellent gyros at any of these pizzerias? No. No you cannot. Would you ever eat in a restaurant that served Tex-Mex and sushi? Then it's probably not advisable to eat in a Thai spot that makes sushi, either.
就以那些以披薩和皮塔餅爲特色的餐廳爲例。要完成這其中任何一種食物的烹飪都需要嚴格的烹飪技巧。沒有廚師可以同時做出最出色的披薩和皮塔餅。你認爲你能在這些披薩店裏能夠品嚐到美味的皮塔餅嗎?不,你不能。而你會在一家餐廳裏同時吃到墨西哥料理和壽司嗎?由此,我們可能也不太建議在一家泰國菜的餐廳裏製作壽司提供給顧客。

11. The staff constantly insists they're "under new management"
餐廳工作人員不斷強調他們“在新型管理模式下”
A restaurant "under new management" is like a guy who cheats on his girlfriend and then begs for forgiveness because "everything is different now!" But nothing really changed. Especially if the decor, staff, and menu are basically the same as they were before the management "changed"… if it sucked before, it'll probably still suck.
一家“在新型管理模式下”的餐廳就好比一個小夥子欺騙他的女朋友說“現在跟以前不一樣了!”並祈求她的原諒。但事實上卻沒有任何事物改變了。尤其是當餐廳的裝飾、員工和菜單與在他們所謂的管理模式“改變”之前根本毫無變化…那麼如果這家餐廳的食物以前是難吃的,現在可能還是如此。

12. The food is served through bulletproof glass
食物通過防彈玻璃提供給顧客
We're not saying this is a totally bad sign, but if the glass has impact marks on the inside, something might be amiss.
我們不是說這完全就是一個不好的跡象,但如果玻璃上還有撞擊的痕跡,這是有問題的。

13. There are suspicious banners outside
在餐廳外有可疑的橫幅
We'll forgive some "Grand Opening" banners hanging for over a year. Hell, who hasn't left their Christmas decorations up until February some years? But the banner that says "No E. coli for 40 Days and Counting"? Not so much.
我們會原諒那些把一些類似“盛大開業”的橫幅掛在門口超過一年的現象出現。畢竟誰沒有過把聖誕節的裝飾品遺留到明年二月纔拿下來的經歷呢?但是對於那些上面寫着“可以維持40天沒有大腸桿菌”呢?這就不太可信了。

14. There's a parking space outside marked "Reserved for Exterminator"
外面有一個停車位標註着“滅蟲人員預訂”
Chances are the food in the restaurant will really bug you.
很有可能的事情是那家餐廳裏的食物會讓你糟心。

15. A sign in the window offers discounts for Yelp reviewers
窗口裏標註爲Yelp的評論者打折

Bribery, plain and simple.
簡單明瞭,這就是賄賂。

16. You keep noticing delivery guys bringing food in instead of out
你注意到送貨員將食物送進來而不是送出去
The second after you step inside, you should step outside.
看到這樣的情況,在你邁進這家店之後,你最好離開。

17. When a server asks you, "Are you sure you want to order that?"
當一個服務員問你,“你確定要點那個嗎”

Same goes for if they chuckle and shake their head when you order something. We suggest lacing up your favorite cross-trainers and Usain Bolting the hell out of there.
同樣地,當你點單時他們做出竊笑或者搖頭的舉動時,我們建議繫緊你喜愛的運動鞋的鞋帶然後以尤塞恩·博爾特的速度離開那裏。

18. The kitchen is a symphony of beeping microwaves
廚房裏充斥着嗶嗶的微波爐的聲音
On the plus side, it does kind of sound like a Skrillex B-side. And at the end of the song you get barely edible meatloaf that belongs in a TV dinner!
從好的方面來說,這聽起來像史奇雷克斯的贈曲。而在歌曲的最後你將會勉強地得到在電視晚餐裏出現的可食用烘肉卷。

19. The employees beg you to stop in as you walk by
當你走過時,員工求着你進去
No way! Unless there's a discount for Yelp reviewers…
沒門!除非是有折扣給Yelp的評論家…

20. There is a dead person in the middle of the floor
有一個死人在地板中間
We're guessing his last meal wasn't what he was expecting.
我們猜測他的最後一頓飯不是他所期待的那樣。