當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第102期:Bright eyed and bushy tailed 精神飽滿

The english we speak(BBC教學)第102期:Bright eyed and bushy tailed 精神飽滿

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.29W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第102期:Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 精神飽滿

Will: Hi! I'm William. And here's... er well, something that looks a bit like Li, but kind of half-Li half-animal. Are you okay Li?

威爾:大家好!我是威廉。這是……看起來很像李,可是一半是李,一半是動物。李,你還好嗎?

Li: Yes, I am very well, thank you.

李:當然,我很好,謝謝你。

Will: I don't mean to be rude, but... why have you got a large, bushy tail today?

威爾:我無意冒犯,但是……你今天爲什麼帶了個毛茸茸的長尾巴?

Li: Well, it was an order from the boss.

李:這是老闆的命令。

Will: The boss told you to come in with a tail?

威爾:老闆讓你帶着尾巴來?

Li: Yes.

李:對啊。

Will: Right. But what about the bright, sparkling glitter around your eyes?

威爾:好吧。那你眼睛周圍又亮又閃又是怎麼回事?

Li: Oh, that too. Don't you think it makes my eyes look lovely and bright?

李:哦,這也是老闆的命令。你不認爲這讓我的眼睛看起來又迷人又明亮嗎?

Will: Well, yes, they are kind of... dazzling.

威爾:好吧,它們有點……讓人眼花繚亂。

Li: I think he will be pleased. Yesterday he wasn't pleased with me. He said I looked bored and tired. It's true I didn't get much work done, I'd had a late night.

李:我想老闆肯定會高興的。昨天他對我感到不滿意。他說我看起來無精打采又很疲憊。這是事實,我有太多工作沒有完成,我很晚才睡覺。

Will: Right. So what will the tail and sparkly eyes do-make you work harder?

威爾:好吧。那這尾巴和亮閃閃的眼睛能做什麼,讓你工作更努力嗎?

Li: Yes! Apparently!

李:對啊!顯然是的!

Will: Li, I'm not sure that the rest of the team will be able to concentrate with all of that fur and glitter in the office!

威爾:李,你帶着這毛茸茸的尾巴還有亮閃閃的眼睛,我不確定辦公室裏的其他同事還能不能專心工作!

Li: Well, it was the boss's idea-not mine.

李:可是這是老闆的主意,又不是我的。

Will: Li, what did he actually say when he asked you to do this?

威爾:李,老闆讓你這麼做的時候,他到底說了什麼?

Li: He said: 'Li, toMorrow I expect you to come in bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.'

李:他說:‘李,我希望你明天能精神飽滿的來工作’。

Will: Right. I hate to say this, but it's just an expression.

威爾:好吧。我真討厭這麼說,但是這其實是個表達方式。

Li: What? Just an expression? Why does this keep happening to me?

李:什麼?這是一個表達方式?爲什麼這總髮生在我身上?

Will: Well, if you're bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, you're full of energy and enthusiasm. The boss didn't expect you to come in looking like some kind of squirrel on its way to the Oscars.

威爾:嗯,這個短語的意思是,充滿能量和熱情。老闆並不是希望你打扮成松鼠一樣去參加奧斯卡頒獎禮。

Li: Oh.

李:哦。

Will: He just wanted you to be a bit more motivated and energetic.

威爾:他只是希望你更積極,更有活力。

Li: Oh no, I'm never going to be able to get this tail off-I put so much glue on it. Everyone will laugh at me!

李:哦不,我沒辦法把這個尾巴拿下來了,我粘了太多的膠水了。所有人都會嘲笑我的!

Will: Maybe. Here are some examples:

威爾:可能吧。來看些例子:

Wow, look at you, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed! It looks like you're ready for action!

哇,看看你,真是精神煥發啊!看起來你已經準備行動了!

After the summer holidays, the children returned to school bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.

暑假之後,孩子們精神飽滿地回到學校上課。

Li: Oh Will, what will people say when they look at my tail?

李:威爾,人們看到我的尾巴會怎麼說?

Will: They'll probably just start feeding you nuts.

威爾:他們可能會餵你吃堅果。

Li: Oh! This is terrible!

李:哦!這太糟糕了!

Will: Or maybe acorns.

威爾:或者餵你吃橡樹果。

Li: What shall I do?

李:我該怎麼辦?

Will: Well I wouldn't eat the acorns, but there's nothing wrong with nuts.

威爾:我不會吃橡樹果的,不過堅果倒是可以接受。

Li: Will, help me! Pull this tail, please, pull!

李:威爾,幫幫我!請幫我把這個尾巴拉下來!

Will: Okay. Come on! Come on, silly tail!

威爾:好的。來吧!來吧,這愚蠢的尾巴!

Li: It's all the boss's fault!

李:這都是老闆的錯!

重點講解:
1. bright-eyed and bushy-tailed
精神飽滿;精神抖擻;精神奕奕;
eg. Joanna always shows up at work bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.
喬安娜工作時總是精神奕奕。
eg. The next morning, John came down to breakfast bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. When asked about how he slept, he replied, "Never better. "
第二天早上,約翰下來吃早飯,看起來精神煥發。當問及他昨晚睡得怎樣時,他答道:“從沒這麼好過。”
2. be full of
有大量…的;滿是…的;充滿……;
eg. The case was full of clothes...
箱子裏塞滿了衣服。
eg. Mom's face was full of pain.
媽媽的臉上寫滿了痛苦。
3. laugh at
嘲笑;譏笑;
eg. It is not decent to laugh at a crippled person.
笑話一個瘸子是不得體的行爲。
eg. Don't laugh at him; he's very sensitive.
千萬別笑他,他很敏感。
4. be ready for
準備好的;勝任的;
eg. She says she's not ready for marriage.
她說自己還沒有準備好結婚。
eg. Both sides are ready for the contest.
雙方均準備好比賽。