當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第125期:You've changed your tune 你改變了態度

The english we speak(BBC教學)第125期:You've changed your tune 你改變了態度

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.76W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第125期:You've changed your tune 你改變了態度

Li: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak. My name is Yang Li.

李:大家好,歡迎收看地道英語節目。我是楊李。

William: (Mouth full) And I'm William, mmf, mmf.

威廉:(滿嘴食物)我是威廉,嗯。

Li: My dear co-presenter William! Don't you know it's rude to speak with your mouth full? Particularly in a BBC audio programme!

李:親愛的搭檔威廉!你難道不知道嘴裏塞滿食物說話很無禮?尤其是在BBC的音頻節目中!

William: (smacking lips) Well, I do know that but I've really been enjoying this super jumbo hamburger. Wow, that was so good. I just can't get enough of super jumbo hamburgers recently.

威廉:(咂着嘴)嗯,我當然知道,不過我最近真的很喜歡吃巨無霸漢堡。哇,那太好吃了。我最近就是吃不夠。

Li: Oh? So what is it about super jumbo hamburgers that you like so much?

李:是嗎?那是什麼讓你這麼喜歡吃巨無霸?

William: Well, good question Li. I think it might be the delicious 100% beef burger and how the flavours merge with the sauce, which is made to a carefully-guarded recipe. But then again I like the lovely gherkins and the crisp crunchy lettuce. But also let's not forget the layers of soft yellow cheese. Maybe it's all of those things. Hmmm. I think I could have another actually.

威廉:嗯,李,這是個好問題。我想可能是因爲它是100%的美味純牛肉漢堡,而且味道和醬汁結合的很完美,這可是嚴密保護的配方。當然我也喜歡裏面加的酸黃瓜和脆脆的萵苣。不要忘了裏面還有柔軟的黃奶酪。可能就是這些。嗯。我想我要再來一個。

Li: Well Will, all I can say is: you have changed your tune.

李:好的,威爾,我只能說的就是:你改變態度了。

William: Hmm... That's an interesting phrase, Li. Shall we make it our phrase of the day?

威廉:嗯……這是個有趣的詞組,李。我們今天就來講這個詞組吧?

Li: Sure, why not?

李:當然可以,爲什麼不呢?

The English We Speak.

這裏是地道英語節目。

If you change your tune, you change your attitude towards something or someone.

change your tune這個詞組的意思就是你改變了對某件事或某人的態度。

William: It's a slightly critical phrase, but in a jokey sort of way. Let's hear another example:

威廉:這是個有些批評意味的詞組,不過是以開玩笑的方式。我們再聽些例子:

Girl 1: What do you think about Mark? Don't you think he's really good-looking?

女孩1:你覺得馬克怎麼樣?你不認爲他長得很帥嗎?

Girl 2: Mark? I thought you hated him?

女孩2:馬克?我以爲你討厭他呢。

Girl 1: That was last week. This week, I feel very different...

女孩1:上週我是討厭他。可是這周,我有了完全不同的感覺……

Girl 2: Wow, you've certainly changed your tune!

女孩2:哇,顯然你改變態度了!

Li: Hmmm. I have to say I don't think I change my tune very often.

李:嗯。我得說我認爲我不是經常改變態度。

William: Well, I'm sure that's true but we don't generally use the phrase to talk about ourselves. We tend to always say: "You've changed your tune" or "You've certainly changed your tune." And we say it like this: "You've changed your tune".

威廉:好,我確定那是真的,不過一般我們並不用這個詞組來談論我們自己。我們一般會說:“你改變了你的態度”或是“顯然你改變了態度”。我們還會這樣說:“你改變了態度。”

Li: OK. And you have certainly changed your tune, William, about super jumbo hamburgers.

李:好。那顯然你已經改變了對巨無霸漢堡的態度,威廉。

William: No... I've always loved those things!

威廉:沒有……我一直很喜歡!

Li: No, trust me, Will. Hang on... Here you go. Two weeks ago you said this: "I hate super jumbo hamburgers. The meat is like low-grade frozen cardboard, the cheese is like plastic and the tomatoes are like rubber. After I eat one I just want to curl up in bed." That's what you said!

李:不是,相信我,威爾。稍等……你看。兩週前你說過,我討厭巨無霸。裏面的肉就像劣質的冷凍木板一樣,奶酪就像塑料,西紅柿像橡膠。吃了一個以後我就想蜷縮在牀上。這就是你說過的話!

William: Oh, right. Well, I guess they must have grown on me.

威廉:哦,好吧。我想我是越來越喜歡它了。

Li: What a change of tune, from William, the burger hater to William, the burger lover!

李:威廉的態度改變了,他從一個厭惡漢堡的人變成了一個熱愛漢堡的人!

重點講解:
1. merge with
(使)合併;(使)融合;
eg. Then he showed me how to merge the graphic with text on the same screen.
然後他教我如何將圖表和文字合併在同一個屏幕上。
eg. The decor and gracious service of the past merge perfectly with the amenity of the present.
昔日的裝潢和精良的服務與當今的舒適完美地結合在一起。
2. change one's tune
改變調子;變卦;改變態度;
eg. They will change their tune when they find out the seriousness of the problem.
當發現問題的嚴重性時,他們會改變態度的。
eg. In faces of these facts he changed his tune.
在這些事實面前,他改變了態度。
3. tend to do sth.
往往會;經常做某事;
eg. Bulky clothes tend to hinder movement.
肥大的衣服常常礙手礙腳。
eg. Children tend to react against their parents by going against their wishes.
孩子們通常以違背父母的意願來反抗他們。
4. curl up
蜷縮;
eg. In colder weather, your cat will curl up into a tight, heat-conserving ball.
天氣更冷時,貓會爲了保存熱量而緊緊地縮成一團。
eg. He was asleep there, curled up in the fetal position.
他像胎兒一樣蜷曲地睡在那兒。
5. sth. grow on sb.
越來越被…喜歡;逐漸爲…所喜愛;
eg. Slowly and strangely, the place began to grow on me.
真是不可思議,我漸漸地喜歡上這個地方了。
eg. Modern music is difficult to listen to, but it starts to grow on you.
現代音樂很難使人接受,但是你會漸漸喜愛它的。