當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > The english we speak(BBC教學)第109期:Easy tiger 放輕鬆

The english we speak(BBC教學)第109期:Easy tiger 放輕鬆

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.05W 次

The english we speak(BBC教學)第109期:Easy tiger 放輕鬆

Rob: Hello, I'm Rob. And here comes Helen. Wow, she's changed her hair colour! It looks, well, different. Hi Helen I like your hair.

羅布:大家好,我是羅布。海倫來了。哇,她換了髮色!看起來,有點兒不同。海倫,你好,我喜歡你的髮型。

Helen: Don't say a word!

海倫:什麼都別說!

Rob: Whoa!

羅布:哇!

Helen: I don't want to talk about it.

海倫:我不想談這個。

Rob: About what? The fact you dyed your hair?

羅布:談什麼?你染髮了這件事?

Helen: Enough!

海倫:夠了!

Rob: Whoa! Easy tiger!

羅布:哇!放輕鬆!

Helen: I do not look like a tiger!

海倫:我看起來可不像老虎!

Rob: I never said you did. It's just an expression. Though come to think of it, your hair is kind of stripy orange now.

羅布:我可沒說過你像老虎。這只是個表達方式。雖然想一下的話,你現在的頭髮是有點兒像桔黃色條紋。

(Helen starts sobbing)

(海倫開始抽泣)

Rob: OK, you really don't look like a tiger though. I said "easy tiger!" which is just a way of saying "calm down".

羅布:好啦,實際上你並不像老虎。easy tiger的意思是冷靜下來。

Helen: It's all the hairdresser's fault. He told me I would look beautiful with copper highlights, then he did this to me. Now I have orange stripes, I look like a jungle animal.

海倫:這全是理髮師的錯。他告訴我要是把頭髮染成銅色我會看起來很漂亮,然後他就這麼做了。可是現在我頭髮上是橙色的條紋,我看起來像是野生動物。

Rob: No, you don't look like a jungle animal. Listen to me. We say "easy tiger" when we want someone to calm down, to not get over-emotional, or not to rush into something.

羅布:不,你看起來並不像野生動物。聽我說,我們說easy tiger,意思是我們需要某個人冷靜,不要情緒化,不要草率行動。

Helen: Oh. You're talking about tigers because of the way I'm behaving, not because of my hair?

海倫:哦。你談到老虎只是因爲我的行爲,而不是因爲我的頭髮嗎?

Rob: That's right. It's an expression that's usually used in informal situations, between friends. Here are some more examples.

羅布:沒錯。這是通常用於非正式場合的表達方式,通常在朋友之間使用。這裏有更多的例子。

Girl 1: I've just met the perfect man–he is tall, handsome, kind... I'm going to marry him and have children-we'll live together in a house by the sea, we'll -

女孩1:我剛剛遇到了一個完美男人——他身材高大、英俊、善良……我要和他結婚並生兒育女,我們要一起生活在海邊的房子裏,我們要……

Girl 2: Easy tiger! Do you even know his name?

女孩2:慢慢來!你知道他的名字嗎?

Man: Right, this food is disgusting, we're leaving the restaurant right now!

男:這個食物真令人噁心,我們現在就要離開這個餐廳!

Woman: Easy tiger! I quite like it here. Let's wait until the main course comes.

女:放輕鬆!我非常喜歡這裏。我們等主菜上來吧。

Helen: I understand. Maybe my hair is not so bad after all.

海倫:我明白了。也許我的頭髮還不是那麼糟。

Rob: No, it's just unusual. It doesn't make you look like a tiger... I'd say more of an orangutan than a tiger...

羅布:對,只是有點特別。你的頭髮看上去並不像老虎……我覺得比起老虎,更像猩猩……

Helen: What! An orangutan!

海倫:什麼?猩猩!

Rob: Orangutans are very handsome creatures; they're a kind of rich auburn-copper colour.

羅布:猩猩是非常帥氣的生物;猩猩是紅褐色的。

Helen: How dare you!

海倫:你怎麼敢!

Rob: Don't bare your teeth like that, that's scary. Please…

羅布:別像那樣呲牙,那很可怕。請……

(Sound of a real growling tiger!)

(聽起來像真的老虎在咆哮)

Rob: Easy tiger, easy!

羅布:放輕鬆,輕鬆點!

(Tiger growling and huge roar).

(老虎咆哮發出巨大的吼聲)

重點講解
1. think of
想到;想起;想出;
eg. Let's think of some questions about life.
讓我們對生活設想一些問題吧。
eg. I couldn't think of the name of that man anyhow.
我怎麼也想不出那人的名字來了。
2. calm down
(使)平靜下來;(使)鎮定下來;
eg. I told myself to calm down.
我告誡自己要冷靜下來。
eg. In truth, everyone should take a deep breath and calm down.
實際上,所有人都應該深呼吸。讓自己冷靜下來。
3. rush into sth.
(未經充分考慮而)匆忙做,倉促做,草率地做;
eg. He will not rush into any decisions.
他不會草率作出任何決定的。
eg. Ministers won't be rushed into a response.
部長們不會急於迴應的。
4. ...
更像(前者)地;與其說(是)…,倒不如說(是);
eg. Sue screamed, not loudly, more in surprise than terror.
休尖叫起來,聲音不大,吃驚多於恐懼。
eg. He's more like a film star than a lifeguard, really.
真的,與其說他像救生員,不如說他更像電影明星。