當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第19期:機會很小

英語口語練習小對話 第19期:機會很小

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.42W 次

習語:a chance in a million

英語口語練習小對話 第19期:機會很小

講解:這是一個名詞性短語。Chance的意思是“機會”。A chance in a million 意爲白萬年的一個機會,意爲“很小的機會”。

支持範例:She thought that there was a chance in a million that she might be right.

但她仍然認爲自己的想法仍有百萬分之一的可能性。

We haven' t a chance in a million ( ie We have almost no chance ) of winning.

我們勝利的機會微乎其微。

It was a chance in a million that he should have broken his leg on that day.

真是走狗屎運,他就是在那一天沒摔斷了他的腿。

迷你對話:

A :Do you think you'll get the project?

你認爲你能得到這項工程嗎?

B :It'sa chance in a million. I hear Johnis interested init.

機會很小,我聽說約翰也對它感興趣

A :I see.After all, he's boss's son.

我明白了,畢竟他是老闆的兒子

B :But anyway, I'llhave a try.

但無論如何,我也要嘗試一下再說。

詞海拾貝:

be interested in 對 ... 感興趣

Eg. Bob mentioned the class presidency to Ted as a trial balloon to see if Ted might be interested in running.

鮑勃向特德提到班主席職位以試探特德是否熱衷於參加其競選。

Eg. It occurs to me that he might be interested in the problem we had discussed.

我想起來了他也許對我們討論過的那個問題感興趣。

Eg. I think you may be interested in our new product.

我想貴公司可能會對敝公司的新產品感興趣。

I see. 我明白了。

after all 畢竟,到底,究竟

Eg. After all, it was the father's place to bring up his son.

不管怎麼說,教養兒子的事應該由父親來作主。

Eg, After all, you could hardly ask for a more challenging job.

不管怎麼說,你總不能爲他要求一個更加稱心如意的職位了吧。

Eg. After all, France-Soir is known for aggressive reporting.

畢竟,《法蘭西晚報》以報道聳人聽聞的消息著稱。

have a try 嘗試一下,試試看

It seems three good methods, I will have a try.

貌似不錯的三種方法,改天我嘗試下。

I don't remember having been given a chance to have a try.

我記不起曾經有人給過我一個機會讓我嘗試一下。

備註:該節目中的迷你對話選自《脫口說英語》之習語口語大全,講解部分爲恆星編輯原創。