當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第47期:很在行

英語口語練習小對話 第47期:很在行

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.79W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第47期:很在行

A:Finding an excuse is obviously down your alley. And trying to avoid taking care of the children is what you are good at.

你最擅長的就是找藉口。不去照顧孩子也是你的專利。

B:Listen, Nancy. If I don't work hard, I will be laid off.

聽着,Nancy。如果我不去工作的話就會下崗。

A:You are passing the buck. I'll be hanged if I ask you to go to the park with us.

你又推卸責任了。我絕不會讓你陪我們去公園的。

B:Come on, Nancy. Play it cool. I go with you and burn the middle night oil tonight.

好了,Nancy。你冷靜點。我和你們一起去,今天晚上我熬夜就行了。

詞海拾貝:

one's alley:最擅長的

Exp:alley原指“保齡球的球道”。該習語的字面意思是“順着某人的道來了”,意即“某事對某人的胃口”,引申爲“某人最擅長的”。該習語也可以說成up one's alley,指“適合某人興趣愛好的,爲某人所熟悉的,正合某人所長的”。

ball is right down Jim's alley.

足球正好適合吉姆的口味。

iring watch is right down his alley.

修表正好是他的本行。

laid off:解僱, 下崗

y was laid off. But the fell on his feet and found a better job very soon.

吉米被解僱了。不過他逢凶化吉,很快便找到了更理想的工作。

were laid off because of the lack of new orders.

由於沒有新的定貨,他們遭暫時解僱。

the buck:推卸責任

Eg.I do not know enough about it to decide, so I'll pass the buck to you.

我所知有限,不能決定,所以請全權處理。

things get difficult he's too ready to pass the buck.

如果事情陷害入困境,他就隨時準備推諉責任。

y time something goes wrong, you try to pass the buck.

每次有什麼出錯的地方,你總是把責任推給別人。

it cool:抑制住感情(持冷漠態度, 不表態)

matter how agitated and upset other people get, Gill just plays it cool and gets on with her work.

不管其他人怎樣焦慮不安、心煩意亂,吉爾只是若無其事地幹自己的工作。

Eg.I should advise you to play it cool it you wish to make any progress in the negotiation.

假使你想在談判中取得一些進展,我勸你還是保持冷靜爲好。

the middle night oil:熬夜,開夜車

always burns the middle light oil to practice because she want to be sent to a wonderful ballet college.

她總是開夜車地練習,因爲她想進入一所理想的芭蕾舞學院學習。

特別聲明:

該節目迷你對話出自《脫口說英語》之習語口語大全,其餘部分均爲恆星編輯原創,未經授權請勿轉載。