當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第27期:Get Cold Feet 臨陣退縮

一分鐘英語 第27期:Get Cold Feet 臨陣退縮

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.4K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute.

一分鐘英語 第27期:Get Cold Feet 臨陣退縮
歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》。

What would you think if you heard someone say: I am getting cold feet.

如果你聽到某人說:我的腳變冷了(I am getting cold feet),你會怎麼想?

Did she forget to put on her shoes?

她是忘記穿鞋了麼?

Is she standing in snow?

她是站在雪堆裏麼?

let's listen and see whether we can figure this out.

下面來聽聽,看能否知道這個短語的意思。

Are you going to enter the photo contest?

你要去參加攝影大賽麼?

I don't konw.

我不知道。

Oh, you should. You are so talented. Your pictures are beautiful!

啊,你要去呀。你這麼有天賦,你拍的照片美極了!

You're just being nice. But I am getting cold feet. I don't know if I am good enough.

你真好。但是我臨陣退縮了。(getting cold feet)我不知道自己是否足夠好。

If you say "I am getting cold feet," it means that you are afraid or uncomfortable about doing something.

如果你說“I am getting cold feet”,意思是你對做某事感到擔憂或者不舒服。

For example, people say a person is getting cold feet if he or she is supposed to get married, but calls off or cancels the wedding.

例如,如果某人本來是要結婚的,但是卻取消了婚禮。人們就會說他/她逃婚了。(getting cold feet)

This is a very common, informal phrase.

這是一個很常見的非正式短語。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。