當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第120期:Off the Deep End 暴跳如雷

一分鐘英語 第120期:Off the Deep End 暴跳如雷

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.23W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

Going off the deep end sounds dangerous. Off the Deep End

去深不見底的地方聽起來很危險。暴跳如雷

I wonder if Jonathan and Anna will need special equipment to explain this expression.

我想知道喬納森和安娜是否需要特殊的設備來解釋這個表達。

I heard that John got kicked out of a restaurant last night. What happened?!

我聽說約翰被趕出了一家餐廳。發生了什麼?

It was crazy! So, we were eating dinner and I just asked him about his new job.

太瘋狂了!我們當時在吃晚餐,我問了他的新工作。

一分鐘英語 第120期:Off the Deep End 暴跳如雷

Didn't you hear? He got fired yesterday.

你沒聽說嗎?他昨天被炒了。

No, I didn't. But he totally went off the deep end, yelling and throwing food.

沒有聽說。但他大發雷霆,大聲喊叫,還丟掉食物。

The deep end in a swimming pool is where the water is the deepest.

泳池的最深處就是水最深的地方。

In spoken American English, to go "off the deep end" means to lose control of your emotions, usually anger or sadness.

在美式口語中,“暴跳如雷”指無法控制自己的情感,通常非常生氣或沮喪。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是今天的《一分鐘英語》欄目!