當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 價格非常高

一分鐘英語 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 價格非常高

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.18W 次

Welcome to English in a Minute.

一分鐘英語 第17期:It Costs Me an Arm and a Leg 價格非常高
歡迎收聽《一分鐘英語》。

Let's say you buy something.

來討論一下購物的問題。

And when you pay for it, you say: This costs me an arm and a leg!

當你買某件東西時,你說“這花掉了我的一條腿和一隻胳膊!”(This costs me an arm and a leg!)

Do you have to give them your arm and your leg? I hope not.

你是必須要給一隻胳膊和一條腿麼?我希望不是真的。

Let's listen to an American English conversation to see if we can find out what this means.

讓我們來聽聽下面這段美式英語對話,看看能否明白它真正的意思。

Did you buy that new computer?

你買那臺新電腦了麼?

Yeah, I did. And it cost way more than I expected it to.

是的,買了。它比我想象中的貴了很多。

How much?

多少錢?

Let me just tell you it costs an arm and a leg!

它花掉了我一隻胳膊和一條腿。(it costs an arm and a leg!)

When you say in American English that something costs an arm and a leg, it means that the price is very, very high.

當你用美式英語說某物花掉了一隻胳膊和一條腿時(something costs an arm and a leg),意思是價格非常、非常高。

If you use this phrase, everyone in the United State will understand you.

如果你在美國使用這條短語,大家都會明白你的意思。

But this is an informal phrase, so don't use it in a business setting.

但是這是個非正式場合用語,所以不要在商務環境下用使用這個短語。

And that's English in a Minute.

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》。