當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 一分鐘英語 第100期:Get Roped Into 拉攏

一分鐘英語 第100期:Get Roped Into 拉攏

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 4.16K 次

Welcome to English in a Minute!

歡迎來到《一分鐘英語》欄目!

This idiom makes it sound like you are at a rodeo. Get Roped Into

這個習語聽起來像是你在參加馬術競演會。拉攏

Hey, do you have any plans for the weekend?

嗨,你這週末有什麼計劃嗎?

Well, I did have plans to go hiking.

我本來計劃徒步旅行。

But, my friend asked me to cat-sit, so I guess I'm just staying around town.

但是我朋友讓我去看護他的貓,我恐怕只能待在這座城市了。

一分鐘英語 第100期:Get Roped Into 拉攏

Aren't you allergic to cats? How did you get roped into that?

你不是對貓過敏嗎?你是怎麼被拉攏做這個事情的?

I don't know. I just can't say no to this friend!

我也不清楚。我只是不能拒絕這個朋友!

To "get roped into" something means to be persuaded to do something.

被拉攏做某事意味着某人被說服做某事。

Often something you do not really want to do.

通常情況下是做你並不願意做的事情。

In our example, Anna got talked into watching a friend's cat.

今天例子中,安娜被說服照看朋友家的小貓。

The use of the word "rope" probably comes from cowboys, who use a lasso to rope young cows while riding a horse.

“用繩索套捉”這個詞可能來自於馬上競技手們,他們在他們騎馬的時候使用套索來套捉牛。

And that's English in a Minute!

以上就是本期的《一分鐘英語》!