當前位置

首頁 > 英語作文 > 英語寫作經驗 > 英語閱讀優秀文章

英語閱讀優秀文章

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.83W 次

提高英語的水平往往可以看一些英語的新聞和閱讀,還有英語的電視劇和電影,這樣可以很快的提高我們的英語口語,接下來小編給大家帶來英語新聞,需要的同學們可以看一看。

英語閱讀優秀文章

  英語課外閱讀1

JANE AUSTEN was wrong. It is not weddings that make the best fiction, but funerals. TaiyeSelasi’s first novel opens with the unexpected death of her hero, Kweku Sai. A brilliantmedical student from Ghana who becomes an exceptional surgeon in Boston, as a young manDr Sai was well on his way to fulfilling the American dream. He graduated top of his class fromJohns Hopkins, earning the admiration of all his peers.

簡奧斯汀錯了。造就一部優秀小說的是葬禮,而不是婚禮。Taiye Selasi的處女作以男主角Kweku Sai的離奇死亡作爲開場。Kweku Sai,一名來自加納的優秀醫學院學生逐漸成爲波士頓出色的外科醫生。作爲個年輕人,Sai醫生的美國夢走地一帆風順。他畢業於約翰霍普金斯大學,拔尖的成績讓他贏得了所有同輩們的欽佩。

It takes but a moment, though, for dreams to turn into a nightmare. Called by the presidentof the hospital, Dr Sai operates against his better judgment on 77-year-old Jane “Ginny” Cabot, a Boston “socialite, wife, mother, grandmother and alcoholic” with a ruptured appendix. She never comes round; a weary surgical nurse marks the time of death as 3am. The Cabots, donors to the hospital, waited too long to call an ambulance. They want to blame someone; thebrilliant African surgeon has to be “let go”.

但不久之後,美夢成噩夢。迫於醫院院長的要求,Sai醫生只能違背自己對病情的準確判斷,給一位闌尾破裂的77歲婦女做手術,這個病人名叫Jane Cabot,是意大利裔波士頓人,她有多重身份,是社交名流,人妻,人母,祖母,還是個酒鬼。但術後她未能醒來。筋疲力盡的外科護士寫下死亡時間,凌晨3點。Cabot的家人,醫院的贊助者,因爲等待救護車耽誤了搶救時間,他們認為必須有人為此承擔責任,所以年輕有爲的非洲外科醫生必須“走人”。

Unable to face telling his family, Dr Sai dresses each morning in his surgical scrubs andpretends to go to work. Only when his 14-year-old son witnesses him being thrown out of thehospital does he finally crumble. In the dead of night he abandons his family, leaving Fola, hismagnificent Nigerian wife, to raise their four children alone. How each of them faces up to thisordeal is the story of “Ghana Must Go”.

無顏面對妻子孩子的Sai每天穿上工作服假裝去上班。當他14歲的兒子目睹他被趕出醫院時,他徹底崩潰了。那晚他拋棄了自己的家庭選擇自殺,留下妻子,偉大的Fola,獨自撫養四個孩子。他們怎樣面對殘酷的現實成爲Ghana Must Go的故事中心。

The book takes its title both from a 1983 campaign to evict 2m Ghanaian refugees fromNigeria and the must-have shopping bag that middle-class Ghanaian women use to bring backshopping from abroad. “Ghana Must Go” comes with a bagload of prepublication praise. Foronce, the brouhaha is well deserved. Ms Selasi has an eye for the perfect detail: a baby’stoenails “like dewdrops”, a woman sleeps “like a cocoyam. A thing without senses…unpluggedfrom the world.” As a writer she has a keen sense of the baggage of childhood pain and anunforgettable voice on the page. Miss out on “Ghana Must Go” and you will miss one of the bestnew novels of the season.

書的名字源於兩件事。一件是1983事件,尼日利亞當局驅逐了200萬加納難民;另一件是must-have購物袋,加納的中產階級婦女用它在國外購物。還未出版,Ghana Must Go就獲得了一致好評。這些褒獎實至名歸。Selasi十分注重細節:嬰兒的腳趾甲“就像露珠”,熟睡的女人“像個芋頭,無法感知,被拔出這個世界。”顯然,作爲一個作家,她對童年痛楚所造成的精神創傷,無法遺忘的心聲都有着敏銳的洞察力。錯過GhanaMust Go,你也就錯過了年度最佳小說之一。

  英語課外閱讀2

Writing is not easy. I do it everyday.

寫作非常不容易。我每天都在寫作。

And I can tell you, it’s quite a challenge.

我可以告訴你,這是一個相當大的挑戰。

But, the more I do it, the easier I get to just write.

但是,我寫作的越多,我就越會容易的感覺下筆如有神。

Sometimes, that’s the most difficult part starting.

有時候,最困難的部分是開始。

When people ask me about writing—how they can write—I often suggest they brainstorm first.

當人們問我關於寫作——他們如何寫作——我通常建議他們先作頭腦風暴。

Writing the main ideas collected to a topic, usually produces some great things.

寫出收集到一個話題的主要思想,這個話題通常會產生一些偉大的東西。

If the things get organized, perhaps through an outline,

如果條理化,也許會產生一份提綱,

then you can write something really great.

你就可以寫出一些非常棒的東西。

Most of the writings I do with spontaneous, I just start writing.

大部分的作品我都是自然而然寫出,我纔剛開始寫作。

I just stopped and done.

我只是停下來做而已。

But I always go over what I wrote at least two times.

但我總是至少兩次重溫自己所寫的。

The first time I go over my writing is spell-check the word,

第一次我檢查寫作中的詞語拼寫,

It’s unacceptable to deliver a piece of writing with misspelling in it.

我不能接受一篇文章裏有拼寫差錯的問題出現。

The second time, I actually read what I wrote aloud,

第二次,我大聲讀出我所寫的,

and add things that may I missed,

並添加可能我錯過的東西,

it could be a idea that seems incomplete or something else.

它可能是一個似乎不完整或別的什麼東西。

If you have the time, it’s good to put your writing down for a little while,

如果你有時間,最好讓你的寫作停下來一會兒,

and read it again later, and to see how you like it.

再讀一遍,看看你有多喜歡它。

You may have something you wish to add or subtract.

你可能有一些想增加或者刪減的東西。

If you have a serious paper to write,

如果你想寫些非常嚴肅的東西,

and you have completed all of the things I talked about,

那你一定要按照我剛纔談到的所有的東西去做,

the best thing to do–before you return your paper–is to have someone to read what you wroteand make comments on it.

在你回到這篇文章前最好的事情就是有人讀你寫的東西並發表看法。

There is no doubt that practice makes perfect.

毫無疑問,熟能生巧。

or at least better, so, if you want to be a better writer in Korean or English,

至少會更好,所以,如果你想成爲一位更好的韓語或英語作家,

I recommend that you write as much as you can.

我建議你寫的越多越好。