當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 招聘人員不會告訴你的十件事

招聘人員不會告訴你的十件事

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.77W 次

10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You (But I Will!)
招聘人員不會告訴你的十件事(但我會!)

Recruiters have one job: Find the right person for the position.
招聘人員的工作只有一樣:找到適合職位的人

Their performance is evaluated on how efficiently and effectively they match top talent to job requirements. Ironically, in the current economy, recruiters are finding their jobs harder than ever.
他們的績效表現是由他們匹配符合工作要求的頂尖人才的效率和有效性來決定的。諷刺地是,在當前的經濟形勢下,招聘人員發現他們的工作變得前所未有的困難。

I’m serious.
我是說真的。

There’s too much talent for them to weed through. What used to be “finding a needle in a haystack” has now become “finding a needle in ten haystacks.” As a result, recruiters have to determine a candidate’s marketability much quicker.
有太多的人才需要他們篩選。過去是千挑萬選,現在更是變的大海撈針。因此,招聘人員必須更迅速地判斷候選者的價值。

招聘人員不會告訴你的十件事

Translation: Candidates must pay even more attention to the power of the first impression factor.
換句話說:候選者必須更加重視第一印象的重要性。

People skills, attire, etc. all become more important when competition amongst talent is this ity check: Those who are failing to make a good first impression get put in the “no” pile and are never contacted again.
當應聘者之間的競爭是如此激烈時,人際交往能力、着裝等都變得更加重要。事實證明:那些沒能給人留下良好的第一印象的應聘者都會被拒絕並且再也不會得到聯繫。

Now, most recruiters won’t tell you what you did wrong.
現在,大部分的招聘人員都不會告訴你你做錯了什麼。

Why?
爲什麼會這樣?

For one reason, they aren’t paid to give you the bad news. Second, they don’t want to burn a bridge. And third, as I mentioned, they just don’t have the time.
第一個原因是,通知你壞消息並不是他們的職責所在;第二個原因是,他們不想和你結下樑子;第三個原因,也是我上面提到的,他們僅僅是沒時間。

And yet, how are you going to fix the problem if you don’t know it exists?
然而,你又該如何解決一個根本不知道存不存在的問題呢?

I’ve put together the most common reasons why a recruiter writes a candidate off. You may not like what you read, but the good news is with a little attention and practice, all of them can be improved upon. So, ask yourself, “Am I guilty of the following?”
我收集了大部分招聘人員拒絕應聘者的共同理由。你或許並不喜歡你將看到的,但好消息是,稍加重視和練習,其中的大部分都可以得到改善。所以,問問你自己:“我是否犯了下面這些錯呢”Top 10 Things Recruiters Won’t Tell You
招聘人員絕不會告訴你的十大事情

Your interview attire is outdated/messy/too tight/too revealing/too flashy.
你的面試服裝過時/髒亂/太緊/太暴露/太浮華/豔俗了。

Your physical appearance is disheveled/outdated/sloppy/smelly/overpowering (i.e. too much perfume).
你的外表有些邋遢/過時/草率,你的身上有難聞的味道或強烈的氣味(比如,噴了太多香水)

Your eye contact is weak/shifty/intense.
你和招聘人員的目光接觸是怯懦的/遊移的/緊張的。

Your handshake is limp/too forceful/clammy.
你和招聘人員握手時軟弱無力/用力過重/手心溼黏。

You say ah/um/like too much.
你說了太多像“呃,恩,好像”之類的語氣詞。

You talk too much/use poor grammar/say inappropriate things (i.e. swearing) when you answer interview questions.
當你面試回答問題時,你話太多/語法有問題/說些不合適的事情(比如,賭咒發誓)。

You appear overconfident/pushy/self-centered/insecure/aloof/ditzy/scatter-brained/desperate.
你表現的太過自信/強勢/以自我爲中心/不安/冷漠/膚淺幼稚/思維混亂/急切。

You talk too fast/too slow/too loud/too soft.
你說話太快/太慢/聲音太大/聲音太小。

You giggle/fidget/act awkward/have facial tics/lack expression.
你傻笑/坐立不安/笨手笨腳/臉部抽筋/表達方式單一。

You lack sincerity/self-confidence/clarity/conviction.
你缺乏真誠/自信/鮮明的性格特點/信念。

So, How Do You Fix These?
那麼,該如何改善這些?

Well, given 93% of communication is non-verbal, I can tell you that many of the negatives above can be improved by focusing on one thing: attitude.
實際上,要知道93%的交流都是非語言的,我能告訴你的是,你只需專注一件事,就能提高上述的許多缺點,那就是態度。

If you are angry, fearful, or confused, it’s going to show. You must find a way to feel good about yourself and your ability to contribute. This comes from knowing your strengths and embracing them. It also comes from doing your homework on a company so you can articulate clearly and with enthusiasm why you would be a great fit for the job. I realize this is easier said than done, but it can be done.
你的憤怒,害怕,或者困惑都會表現出來。你必須找到自我鼓勵以及增強自身能力的方法。你需要發現自己的長處並欣然接受。並且,你得充分了解你所應聘的公司,用清晰的表達和極大的熱忱來說明你是絕佳的人選。我知道這些事說着容易做着難,但是是能夠做到的。

Your Next Step
下一步你要做的事

School teaches you everything except how to get the job. You must invest time in learning the right way to job search.
學校沒有教你怎麼得到一份工作。你必須投入時間去學習正確的求職方式。

I hope I’ve convinced you to take a hard look at the 10 reasons above and to commit to finding a way to improve your first impression factor.

我希望我已經說服你認真看了上述的十個理由,並立志找到提升自己第一印象的方法。

It’s your career.
這是你的事業。

Own your actions and take control of your professional development.
主動出擊,把握你的職業發展

I promise, recruiters will take notice.
我保證,招聘人員會注意到的。