當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語閱讀技巧 > 雙語美文:多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己

雙語美文:多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.42W 次

I'm 28(M), and for the first time in my adult life I am completely happy and at peace.

雙語美文:多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己

今年我28歲了,成年之後,這是第一次,我感到自己心中充滿了喜悅和安寧

There were so many times I wanted to give up

曾經有那麼多次,我想要放棄

but didn't out of fear of hurting other people

卻並沒有那樣去做,因爲我害怕傷害別人 

or causing them problems.

或者給別人製造麻煩 

But now as I sit writing this,

可是現在,當我坐在桌前寫這篇文章的時候

I own my own home after years of financial mistakes,

我已經解決了多年的財政危機,買下了自己所住的房子

I have had a job for the last year and a half

過去的一年半以來,我做着自己夢寐以求的工作

that I'd kept applying for every year for seven years,

這份工作我花了七年時間才爭取到,每年都在爭取

and by letting go completely of my self judgement,

我放下了自己的偏見

I've found a wonderful girlfriend

有了一個非常好的女友

who is supportive , loving

她總是支持我,關愛我 

and makes me feel like I can conquer the world.

她讓我覺得,自己可以征服整個世界

My health is improving

我的健康狀況也逐漸改善

after trying consistently to find a diet and exercise plan that works.

過去我一直在尋找一套有效的節食鍛鍊方案 

I have a little bit of debt left that is slowly being whittled down

我的債務還剩下一點兒,它正逐步縮小

 and have an end plan for that being paid.

我已經有了計劃,打算一舉償清所有債務

The only advice I can give to anyone who read this is

對那些正讀着這篇文章的人,我能給出的唯一的建議就是 

if I can do it so can you,

既然我能做到,你也一定能

 persuade people to hang in there is so cliche

告訴別人堅持住,這聽上去像是陳詞濫調

but honestly, when you keep pushing forward

可是,說真的,當你堅持向前走的時候

and up there IS eventually a flat ground that sees all your hard work pay off.

你一定會攀上一處平坦的高地,縱覽來時的路,你會發現所有的辛苦都是值得的。