當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 有聲雙語美文:如果你遇到多年前的自己

有聲雙語美文:如果你遇到多年前的自己

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.72W 次

 

有聲雙語美文:如果你遇到多年前的自己

I had the strangest dream last night.

昨晚我做了一個非常奇怪的夢。

I was wAlking down a dirt road with snowy woods on either side of me.

我夢到自己走在一條泥濘的小路上,兩旁的樹枝上堆滿了積雪。

I was all alone. The road seemed to go on forever.

我孤身一人。小路似乎長得沒有盡頭。

I couldn’t see another person anywhere.

我環顧四周,沒看到任何人。

All at once, however, I saw someone walking towards me in the distance.

突然,我看到遠處有人向我走來。

As this person got closer and closer I realized that it was me.

當這個人越走越近,我意識到這就是我自己。

It was me from many years ago, fresh faced and young.

那是多年前的我,年輕而青澀。

I could see in his mind all the dreams and hopes that he had too.

我幾乎能看到他腦子裏的那些夢想和願景,我知道他有着那樣的夢想和願景。

They had, after all, once been my own.

畢竟,那也曾經是我的夢想和願景。

I was overjoyed. I had so many things I wanted to say to this younger me.

我大喜過望。我肚子有太多話,想要對過去的我說。

I wanted to spare him the trials I had gone through, the pain I had suffered, and the mistakes I had made.

我想告訴他我經歷過的挫折,我感受過的痛苦,我犯過的錯誤。

I wanted to share with him all that I had learned over the long years of my life.

我想告訴他這些年的生活教會我的一切。

I wanted to show him how his life would turn out so much differently than what he had thought and hoped it would, but that it would be so much better and happier than the path he was now on.

我想告訴他,多年後的生活與他曾經想象和希望的多麼不同,但這樣的生活比他曾經尋求的要美好的多,幸福的多。

I wanted him not to waste so many years on the things his ego thought were so vital but instead to realize that love was the most important thing in this life.

我希望他不要浪費多年的時間,去追求他自認爲極其重要的東西,而是要意識到,愛才是生活中最重要的東西。

I opened my mouth to say all of these things but couldn’t.

我張嘴想要說出這一切,卻無法開口。

I realized at that moment that even if I told him he wouldn’t believe me.

那一刻我意識到,就算我告訴他,他也不會相信我。

He would have to walk the road I had walked, learn the things I had learned, and go through all I had gone through.

他將不得不走上我走過的路,學習我曾學過的東西,經歷我曾經歷過的事情。

I let him walk on by and watched as he disappeared in the distance.

我讓他繼續走他的路,他從我旁邊擦身而過,消失在遠方。

Then I turned to continue on my own way and woke up.

然後我接着走自己的路,接着我從夢中醒來。

In this life there are no shortcuts.

生活中沒有捷徑。

We all have to walk the road.

我們都要一步一步走下去。

We all have to travel through sorrow as well as joy.

我們要經歷憂傷和歡樂。

We all have to learn to love.

我們都要學着去愛。

We all have to grow into who we were meant to be.

我們都要長成命中註定的樣子。

It takes our whole lives.

這可能要花費我們一生的時間。

Yet, it is a journey worth making.

但這趟旅程值得你走完。

 

(翻譯:小木)