當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英語閱讀理解 > 多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己

多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.17K 次

I'm 28(M), and for the first time in my adult life I am completely happy and at peace.
今年我28歲了,成年之後,這是第一次,我感到自己心中充滿了喜悅和安寧
There were so many times I wanted to give up
曾經有那麼多次,我想要放棄
but didn't out of fear of hurting other people
卻並沒有那樣去做,因爲我害怕傷害別人
or causing them problems.
或者給別人製造麻煩
But now as I sit writing this,
可是現在,當我坐在桌前寫這篇文章的時候
I own my own home after years of financial mistakes,
我已經解決了多年的財政危機,買下了自己所住的房子
I have had a job for the last year and a half
過去的一年半以來,我做着自己夢寐以求的工作
that I'd kept applying for every year for seven years,
這份工作我花了七年時間才爭取到,每年都在爭取
and by letting go completely of my self judgement,
我放下了自己的偏見
I've found a wonderful girlfriend
有了一個非常好的女友
who is supportive , loving
她總是支持我,關愛我
and makes me feel like I can conquer the world.
她讓我覺得,自己可以征服整個世界
My health is improving
我的健康狀況也逐漸改善
after trying consistently to find a diet and exercise plan that works.
過去我一直在尋找一套有效的節食鍛鍊方案
I have a little bit of debt left that is slowly being whittled down
我的債務還剩下一點兒,它正逐步縮小
and have an end plan for that being paid.
我已經有了計劃,打算一舉償清所有債務
The only advice I can give to anyone who read this is
對那些正讀着這篇文章的人,我能給出的唯一的建議就是
if I can do it so can you,
既然我能做到,你也一定能
persuade people to hang in there is so cliche
告訴別人堅持住,這聽上去像是陳詞濫調
but honestly, when you keep pushing forward
可是,說真的,當你堅持向前走的時候
and up there IS eventually a flat ground that sees all your hard work pay off.
你一定會攀上一處平坦的高地,縱覽來時的路,你會發現所有的辛苦都是值得的。

多年後,我終於變成了最好的自己