當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 有聲雙語美文:反安慰劑效應,一種心理學陷阱

有聲雙語美文:反安慰劑效應,一種心理學陷阱

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.13W 次

 

有聲雙語美文:反安慰劑效應,一種心理學陷阱

You've heard of the placebo effect.

你可能聽說過安慰劑效應。

But are you aware of the nocebo effect, in which the human body has a negative physical reaction to a suggestive harm?

但你知道“反安慰劑效應”嗎?它指的是,人的身體在被暗示一個潛在傷害之後,能產生一個負面的生理反應。

If someone gives you a cup of sugar water without telling you that it's sugar water and instead tells you that it's something that will make you vomit, chances are high that you're actually gonna vomit.

如果有人給你一杯糖水,卻不告訴你這是糖水,而是告訴你這個東西會讓你嘔吐,你喝了以後很有可能就會真的嘔吐。

Your mind has the power to create its own physical reality.

你的身體有能力創造它自己的生理現實

Why do we yawn when we see others yawn?

爲什麼我們看見別人打哈欠的時候也會打哈欠?

Throughout history, there have been incidents: the dancing plague of 1518, the Tanganyika laughter epidemic, the Hindu milk miracle.

縱覽歷史可以發現很多這樣的案例:1518年的舞蹈瘟疫、坦噶尼喀的笑聲傳染病、印度的牛奶奇蹟

Some believe they are stress response.

有些人相信這是一些對壓力產生的反映。

But psychologists call it a conversion disorder, in which the body converts a mental stress to a set of physical symptoms, such as a spasm.

但心理學家則把它稱之爲“轉換障礙”。它指的是:身體會把心理上的壓力轉化爲一系列的生理症狀,比如痙攣。

And like any disorder, it can be contagious.

而且,它就像所有的紊亂一樣,可能會傳染。

These kinds of collective behavior is not limited to human beings.

這種集體性的行爲並非只有人類纔有。

What we know is that in certain communities, under certain circumstances, an involuntary physical symptom developed by one person can become viral and spread from person to person until the entire community is affected.

而據我們所知,在一些特定的羣體裏、在一些特定的條件下,一個人發展出的這種無意識生理症狀可能會像病毒一樣在人羣之間傳播,直到整個羣體最終都被影響到。

So my question to you is: If the idea of illness can become illness, what else about our reality is actually a disorder?

所以,我想問你的問題是:如果生病的想法本身就可能變成生病的事實,那我們的現實生活中會不會還有其它的東西其實只不過是一種紊亂呢?

Sometimes you are not as weak as you think you are.

有時候你並沒有自己以爲的那麼弱小。

Sometimes you are not as dumb as you think you are.

有時候你並沒有自己以爲的那麼笨。

To some extend, you yourself can actually decide your own reality.

從某種程度來說,你實際上有能力決定自己的現實。

So don't give up on fighting. Don't give up on having hope.

所以不要放棄奮鬥。不要放棄抱有希望。

 

(翻譯:能貓)