當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 盤點:美劇中常見的動詞短語

盤點:美劇中常見的動詞短語

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.97W 次
盤點:美劇中常見的動詞短語


pull sth Off 完成困難的事情;把難做的事情做好

I didn 't think the dinner would go well ,but we pulled it off beautifully.

我原以爲這頓飯完蛋了,但是結果我們做的很好.




set sb up (with sb)介紹...給....(異性)

My cousin is always trying to set me up with women from her officer.

表姐總是嘗試着把她的同事介紹給我.




piss something away 把....浪費掉

My father thinks I'm pissing my life away because I'm in a rock band.

我父親認爲我在浪費生命,因爲我在一個搖滾樂隊裏.

I could have gone to Sydney, but I pissed all my money away gambling

我本來可以去悉尼的,但是我去賭博揮霍掉了所有的錢.




slip away (不知不覺、悄悄的)溜走

I think I'm going to try to slip away from this party early tonight.

我想今晚的這個派隊我得早點溜了, 我實在太累了想好好休息.

As we get older, time seems to slip away much faster.

隨着年紀的增長,時間了過得越來越快.




get away with 逃脫處罰

My little sister is so lucky, she gets away with everything just because she is cute.

我的小妹很走運,她每次都能逃脫懲罰,因爲她長得太可愛了.

Sam thought he could get away with cheating on the test, but he was caught by the teacher.

Sam 認爲考試可以作弊一下以爲老師逮不住他,但不巧被老師逮個正着.




suck up to: 恭維別人,獻媚

Eve is always sucking up to her boss, telling him how wonderful he is.

Eve 喜歡去向她的老闆獻殷勤,告訴他有多棒.




work on: 提高

You play tennis very well, but I think you should work on your backhand stroke.

你的網球打得不錯,但是我覺得你的反手擊球還要提高一下.




drop in 順便走訪, 不預先通知的拜訪 drop in+地點,drop in on+人

Drop in whenever you're in Haidian, I'd love to see you.

不論你什麼時候到海淀要順路來看我.我見到你會很高興.

My best friend lives in this neighborhood. Let's drop in on her.

我最好的朋友就住在附近.我們順路去拜訪她吧.




mess with 挑釁、招惹

A drunk guy at the bar tried to mess with me, but the bartender kicked him out.

有一個醉鬼在酒吧裏企圖招惹我,但被酒保趕了出去.




die down 變弱, 漸漸消失、平息

The big fuss over Real Madrid playing in Beijing died down after the game.

皇家馬德里隊在北京比賽的熱潮在比賽後平息了.

We're hoping for the storm to die down before we go out sailing. Otherwise it could too dangerous.

我們希望暴風雨在我們出航前平息.否則就太危險了.




take it back 收回所說的話,爲所說的道歉

It wasn't nice of you to make fun of your little brother, take it back and never do it again.

我很討厭你取笑你弟弟,你應該道歉而且以後別再這麼做.

I can't believe you told your gf she was fat! If you don't take it back, you may never see her again.

我真不敢相信你告訴你女友說她很胖,如果你不道歉,你以後可能會再也見不到她了.