當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第934期:惹翻某人

迷你對話學地道口語第934期:惹翻某人

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 3.1K 次

第一, 迷你對話

ing-bottom: 133.33%;">迷你對話學地道口語第934期:惹翻某人

A: What did you do to get her back?

你是怎麼把她熱火了?

B: I only said she was easy to take offence.

我只是說她很愛生氣。

A: And what else did you say?

你還說了別的什麼嗎?

B: Well, I also said she was not even a child.

我還說她連一個孩子都不如。

A: But these remarks were enough to get her back up.

這些話語就足夠讓她生氣了的。

第二, 地道表達

get someone’s back up

1. 解詞釋義

Get someone’s back up的意思是“惹怒某人,把某人給惹翻了”。

2. 拓展範例

e.g. His condescending attitude really gets my back up.

他那種居高臨下的恩賜態度實在使我很生氣。

e.g. His rude behavior really sets my back up.

他的粗魯舉動真令我生氣。

第三, 咬文嚼字

1. be enough to do:足以做……

e.g. The smell of the drain is enough to make one throw up.

那條下水道的氣味足以令人嘔吐。

e.g. His enthusiasm is enough to melt a heart of stone.

他的熱誠足以軟化鐵石心腸。

2. take offence:生氣,發怒

e.g. It will become you best to show no haste to take offence.

你頂好不要冒冒失失地發脾氣。

e.g. It was silly of him to take offence at such remarks.

他聽了這種話生氣,是愚蠢的。

3. what else還有……別的

e.g. I've tried to phone her six times today; what else can I do?

我今天已給她打了六次電話, 都沒接通, 我還能做什麼呢?

e.g. I'd like to know what else needs clarifying.

我想知道還有什麼需要澄清。