當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第88期:拿自己出氣

英語口語練習小對話 第88期:拿自己出氣

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.41W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第88期:拿自己出氣

A:Our neighbour’s tape recorder is so loud that it annoys us to death. I’ve made up my mind to cut the electricity off.

我們鄰居的錄音機太響了,我們煩死了。我決定割斷電線。

B:What? That would be to cut off your nose to spite your face.

什麼?那不是反害了自己。

A:Then what shall we do?

那我該怎麼辦?

B:Call the police.

叫警察呀。

地道表達:

cut one’s nose spite one’s face

解詞釋義:

cut off one’s nose spite one’s face的子面意思是“把鼻子割下來甩在自己的臉上”,比喻爲“發脾氣時做傷害自己的事情”“拿自己出氣”“生氣反而害自己”。

支持範例:

seemed to enjoy making thing difficult for himself, in fact he would cut off his nose to spite his face.

他好像喜歡把事情搞複雜,而實際上他這是在害己。

you refuse her help because you're angry with her, you're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

你要是因爲跟她賭氣而拒絕她的幫助, 那你是自討苦吃.

詞海拾貝:

annoy sb to death:煩死某人

complaining annoyed me to death and just pack it in, will you ?

你老發牢騷我都煩死了,別說了, 行不行?

girl annoys me to death, and yet I cannot past with her lest I should get a worse.

我給這個姑娘煩死了,但是,我又不能回掉她,怕會找到一個比她更壞的。

certainly gave the impression that he was rather annoyed to death by his company.

他肯定給人這樣一種印象:他被他的公司弄得煩死了。

one should shoot that little bird, I was annoyed to death by working overtime!

那人應該捱揍,老是加班,我煩死了!

made up my mind:決定,決心

has make up his mind to prove that Mary's argument doesn't hold water.

他決心要證明瑪麗的論點是站不住腳的.

Eg. Avacillating person finds it hard to make up his mind.

優柔寡斷的人不容易下定決心。

shouldn' t keep chopping and changing like this ; you' better make up your mind right now !

你不能再這樣變化無常了,最好現在就拿定主意!

have twenty minutes to make up your mind.

你們有20分鐘的時間來打定主意。

cut off:切斷

had a finger cut off by a machine while working.

他在工作時被機器切掉了一個手指。

had hardly turned on the TV when the power was cut off.

他剛打開電視就停電了.

power was cut off because he didn't pay the bill.

他因爲沒有付電費,所以被斷電。