當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第146期:有所作爲

英語口語練習小對話 第146期:有所作爲

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 9.67K 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第146期:有所作爲

A: I am very proud of John.

A: 我真的爲約翰感到驕傲。

B: Me too. No one has expected he can really get somewhere with his business.

B: 我也是,沒有一個人相信他的商業能成功。

A: But he has suffered a lot.

A: 但是他也吃了不少苦呀。

地道表達:get somewhere

解詞釋義:get可以指“獲得財富,賺錢”。該習語直接翻譯是“在任何地方都能獲得財富”,引申爲“達到某種程度的成就”。

拓展講解:如果要表示在.....上取得很大的成就,在get somewhere這個短語的後面加上介詞with即可,即:get somewhere in something。

支持範例:

Eg. He's sure to get somewhere if he persists.

只要他有恆心, 定能有所成就。

Eg. Do we want to get somewhere or do we want to get stuck in the rut?

我們要爲目標奮鬥還是在原地踏步?

Eg. He works so hard and so devotedly that he is sure to get somewhere

工作得如此勤奮專心,肯定會有所成就。

Eg. You have to strike a balance, if you wish to get somewhere.

如果你想做成生意,你就得使雙方不吃虧。

詞海拾貝:

1. suffer a lot吃很多苦

Eg. If you still do not learn the lessons, you will suffer a lot.

如果你依然不接受教訓,吃苦的日子在後面呢。

2. be proud of somebody以......爲榮,以......爲驕傲

Eg. He was too proud of the primacy of his intelligence to listen.

他太自負,以其智力過人而不好好聽。

Eg. He is proud of his daughter's ability to speak four languages.

他爲女兒能說四種語言而驕傲。

Eg. Stroeve had always been very proud of his taste.

施特略夫一向對自己的審美感非常自豪。

Eg. I'm very proud of you. You really did a beautiful job.

我真以你爲傲。你真的乾得很漂亮。