當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語學習材料 > 點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(161)

點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(161)

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.43W 次

1. Expression:in one’s hair

點滴英語天天學第321期:雅思詞彙(161)

Explanation:Annoying someone. (使人心煩,激怒某人

Usage:它是一個介詞短語,可以動詞get連用表示“讓某人心煩,激怒某人”的意思,即:get in one’s hair。也可以放於系動詞後,即:be in one’s hair,表示“給某人攪得心煩意亂”這種狀況。

Example:The kids are totally getting in my hair today, so I need you to take them out of the house for a little bit.

今天,孩子們讓我非常心煩意亂,所以我需要你帶他們出去一會兒。

The new intern has been in my hair all day so I don't know how I'm going to get my report finished before the deadline.

新來的實習生讓我覺得很煩,所以我不知道我如何在最後期限完成我的報告。

You can watch what I am doing, but don't get in my hair.

你可以觀看我在做什麼,但是別打攪我。

I wish you wouldn't get in my hair when I was trying to do something.

我希望你在我盡力做事的時候不要打攪我。

A: Don’t always get in my hair!

別開煩我!

B: We are good friends, don’t we? Let me know about your trouble and may help you.

我們是好朋友,不是嗎?讓我知道你的煩惱,或許我能幫上忙。

2. Expression:get one’s goat

Explanation:To annoy or anger one. (激怒某人,惹怒某人)

Example:.I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get your goat.

對不起,我不是故意惹你生氣的。

Jean got Sally's goat and Sally made quite a fuss about it.

Jean把Sally惹火了,於是Sally就小題大做起來了。

That guy just gets my goat every time he opens his mouth.

那傢伙每次一開口就惹我生氣。

3. Expression:against the hair

Explanation:Against the grain. (與某人的性格、感情或願望等格格不入,有違本性

Example:It really goes against the hair to have to go into the office at weekends.

我真不願意週末還要上班。

It goes against the hair for me to accept money merely for giving somebody a help hand.

僅僅因幫助了某人而要接納錢財與我的意願相違的。

Such dishonesty goes against the hair.

如此的不誠實有違個人的本性。