當前位置

首頁 > 基礎學英語 > 零基礎學英語 > 不容錯過的,關於眼睛“eye”的趣味俚語表達

不容錯過的,關於眼睛“eye”的趣味俚語表達

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.49W 次

不容錯過的,關於眼睛“eye”的趣味俚語表達

1. Apple of my eye

1.掌上明珠

Something that you value very highly:

你非常看重的東西:


My daughter is the apple of my eye.

我女兒是我的掌上明珠。


2. In my mind’s eye

2.在我的腦海中

Something that you imagine:

你能想象到的事物


In my mind’s eye, working online is like sipping cold drinks on a warm beach.

在我看來,在網上工作就像在溫暖的海灘上喝冷飲。


3. The eyes are the window to the soul

3.眼睛是靈魂之窗

A saying that means you should be able to understand someone just by looking at them in the eye:

這句話的意思是,你應該能夠通過直視別人的眼睛來理解他們:


I just need to see his eyes to know whether he is lying because the eyes are the window to the soul.

我只需要看看他的眼睛就知道他是否在說謊,因爲眼睛是通往靈魂的窗口。


4. Bird’s eye view

4.鳥瞰圖

To see something from up high, either figuratively or literally:

從高處看東西,無論是象徵性的還是字面的:


From the bird’s eye view, this city just looks like a bunch of blocks with ants walking around.

從鳥瞰圖上看,這座城市就像一排街區,而螞蟻在周圍走動。


It looks like the new policies will decrease our compensation, but from the bird’s eye view it actually will have a positive effect in the long term.

看起來新的政策會減少我們的補償,但從長遠來看,它實際上會產生積極的影響。


5. Feast One’s Eyes on Something

5.一飽眼福

To look at something very beautiful, wonderful, or something that you covet or admire a lot:

看一些非常漂亮、美妙的東西,或者你非常渴望或欽佩的東西:


I feasted my eyes on buffet laid out before me!

我盡情享用擺在面前的自助餐!


6. Cry One’s Eyes Out

6.傷心欲絕

To cry so much that you cannot cry anymore:

哭得太多以至於你不能再哭了:


When he heard his parents were in a serious car crash, he cried his eyes out before going to sleep.

當他在一場嚴重的車禍中聽到父母在其中時,他在入睡前傷心欲絕。


7. Get a black eye

7.被打的眼睛發青

A black eye refers to what the bruising around your eye looks like if someone injures your eye:

黑眼是指如果有人傷害了你的眼睛,你眼睛周圍的瘀傷看起來是什麼樣子的:


The playground fight resulted in three students who got a black eye.

操場上的打鬥導致三個學生的鼻青眼腫。


8. Catch someone’s eye

8.吸引某人的目光

If something appeals to a person, it catches their eye:

如果有什麼東西吸引了一個人,它會吸引他們的眼球:


I was walking down the street when the pink car caught my eye.

我走在街上的時候,那輛粉紅色的車引起了我的注意。


9. [To have] An eagle eye

9.有一雙敏銳的眼光

Someone who has an eagle eye can spot mistakes even if they are very small, because the person is very perceptive:

有鷹眼的人即使很小也能發現錯誤,因爲這個人非常敏銳:


You have to have an eagle eye to be a book editor because books cannot be published if they have even one mistake!

作爲一個圖書編輯,你必須目光敏銳,因爲一旦有一個錯誤,書籍就不能出版。


10. Give Someone the Eye

10.對某人冷眼相待

If you want to send a message to someone without talking to them, you can give them the eye! Usually this means giving them a stern glance so that they know you are angry or disappointed at them.

如果你想不跟別人說話就給他們發信息,你可以給他們冷眼!通常這意味着給他們一個嚴厲的目光,讓他們知道你對他們生氣或失望。


I thought about lying to my teacher but knowing that my mom would give me the eye if she found out made tell the truth instead.

我想對我的老師撒謊,但我知道如果我媽媽發現了真相,她肯定會對我冷眼相待。


11. Have Eyes Bigger than Your Stomach

11.眼大肚小

Having eyes bigger than your stomach means that you look at and wish you could eat more food that you actually can.

眼睛比胃部大意味着你看着並希望你能吃更多的食物。


He has eyes bigger than his stomach, and always eats too much when we go to the buffet.

他眼大肚小,我們去自助餐時他卻總是吃得太多。


12. Have Eyes in the Back of One’s Head

12.火眼金睛

This phrase describes someone who always seems to know what is happening, even if they are not there.

這個短語描述的是一個似乎總是知道發生了什麼事情的人,即使他們不在那裏。


I tried to pull a prank on my brother but my mother found out! It was like she had eyes in the back of her head.

我試圖對我弟弟開玩笑,但我媽媽發現了!她對一切都火眼金睛。


13. In the Public Eye

13.廣爲人知

Someone or something is in the public eye if lots of people are paying attention to it. This almost always requires media coverage.

如果很多人都在關注某個人或某物的話,那麼它就會被廣爲人知。這幾乎都是需要媒體的報道。


The actor is in the public eye now because of his arrest, but soon everyone will forget about him.

這位演員因被捕而受到公衆的關注,但很快每個人都會忘記他。


14. Turn a Blind Eye

14.睜一隻眼,閉一隻眼

Someone who turns a blind eye ignores something that is happening – usually something terrible, usually because they have something to gain:

睜一隻眼,閉一隻眼的人忽略了正在發生的事情——通常是一些不好的事情,通常是因爲他們要獲得一些東西:


The police turn a blind eye to the drug smuggling operation because the drug lords pay the police chiefs every month.

警察對毒品走私行動視而不見,因爲毒梟每個月都付給警察局長工資。


15. Without Batting an Eye

15.不露聲色

Something that you do without batting an eye is something that you do not have to think about before doing it. This idiom is usually used to describe people who have views different from the majority:

你做某事面不改色是指你做之前甚至不必考慮的事情。這個成語通常用來形容與大多數人觀點不同的人:


Mary did not even bat an eye when the tutor said that her hourly price would be $500/hour.

當老師說她每小時的工資是500美元時,瑪麗甚至連眼睛都沒眨一下。


In this example, hiring someone for $500/hour is very rare. Because Mary did not even stop to think about it, the idiom draws attention to her wealth (or at least, her willingness to spend and invest in herself).

在這個例子中,以每小時500美元的價格僱傭某人是非常罕見的。因爲瑪麗甚至沒有停下來思考,這個成語吸引了人們對她的財富的關注(或者至少,她願意花錢和投資於自己)。