當前位置

首頁 > 英語閱讀 > 英文經典故事 > 經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第18章3

經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第18章3

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 6.55K 次

‘I didn’t know,’ said Ford, ‘that you had a daughter.’

ing-bottom: 56.09%;">經典科幻文學:《基本上無害 Mostly Harmless》 第18章3

“我還不知道,”福特說,“你竟然有個女兒。”

‘Well, there’s probably a lot you don’t know about me, said Arthur. ‘Come to mention it, there’s probably a lot I don’t know about me either.’

“恩,我的情況你不知道的大概是挺多的。”阿瑟說,“說起來,我的情況我自己不知道的大概也挺多。”

‘Well, well, well. When did this happen then?’

“好吧,好吧,好吧。那麼,這是什麼時候的事來着?”

‘I’m not quite sure.’

“我不大確定。”

‘That sounds like more familiar territory,’ said Ford. ‘Is there a mother involved?’

“這下聽起來終於有些耳熟了。”福特說,“這裏頭有沒有涉及到母親的問題?”

‘Trillian’

“崔莉恩。”

‘Trillian? I didn’t think that…

“崔莉恩?我還以爲……”

‘No. Look, it’s a bit embarrassing.

“不,你看,這話說起來有些難堪。”

‘I remember she told me once she had a kid but only, sort of, in passing. I’m in touch with her from time to time. Never seen her with the kid.’

“我記得她跟我提過今後想要個孩子,可只不過是,你知道,隨口那麼一說。我時不時地也跟她聯繫。從沒見她帶着孩子。”

Arthur said nothing.

阿瑟一言不發。

Ford started to feel the side of his head again in some bemusement.

福特有些茫然似的又開始摸自己頭上的大包。

‘Are you sure this was your daughter?’ he said.

“你確定她是你女兒?”他問。

‘Tell me what happened.’

“告訴我發生了什麼事。”

‘Phroo. Long story. I was coming to pick up this parcel I’d sent to myself here care of you…

“呃,說來話長。我來拿我寄給自己,由你代管的那個包裹……”

‘Well, what was that all about?’

“恩,那又是怎麼回事?”