當前位置

首頁 > 英語學習 > 英語聽力 > 有聲雙語美文:朋友是生活最珍貴的饋贈

有聲雙語美文:朋友是生活最珍貴的饋贈

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.61W 次

 

有聲雙語美文:朋友是生活最珍貴的饋贈

KA CLANG! KA CLANG! KA CLANG!

哐啷!哐啷!哐啷!

The old bell was ringing calling us to breakfast at the camp.

夏令營的營地裏,一隻老舊的搖鈴響個不停,招呼我們該吃早飯了。

Several of us, however, weren't paying attention.

可是,我們中的好幾個人根本不去理會。

It was the last day of camp and we were engaging in a tradition passed down for years.

這是夏令營的最後一天,我們正在舉行一場數年來沿襲下來的傳統儀式。

We were supposed to have stripped the sheets off of our beds in our cabins, stuff them into our pillow cases, and return them to the office before breakfast.

我們本應把宿舍裏牀上的牀單扯下來,把他們塞進枕套裏,在早餐之前把他們歸還到辦公室去。

Pillow cases filled with heavy sheets, though, were far better than pillows for an end of the week pillow fight.

可是,塞進厚牀單的枕套比枕頭要好得多,很適合來一場宿營最後一天的枕頭大戰。

A dozen or more of us then were going at it when the bell started to ring.

鈴聲響起的時候,包括我在內的十幾個學員正在激烈對戰。

We were knocking each other over the beds and swinging our loaded down pillow cases with all of our might.

我們把對方從牀上打到地上去,用我們全身的力氣揮舞着手中塞得滿滿的枕套。

A hit to the head stung like crazy but we didn't mind.

腦袋被砸得生疼,簡直讓人發瘋,但我們毫不在意。

We were having a rough housing good time.

我們正在享受這番大鬧宿舍的好時光。

Soon the pillow fight spilled out into the hallway of the second story of our cabin.

很快枕頭大戰的戰場就擴散到了二樓大廳。

A friend of mine and I were getting the worst of it.

我和我的一個朋友打得最兇。

Several of the other boys had decided to gang up against us.

幾個其他的男孩決定聯合起來對付我們。

I swung at one of them and missed and then saw another pillow case coming straight at my head.

我朝他們中的一個發起攻擊,沒有打中,接着就看到一個枕套徑直朝我的腦袋飛過來。

I ducked and it caught my friend full in the chest.

我躲開了,我的朋友卻正好被砸中了胸口。

Unfortunately, he was standing at the edge of the narrow stairway that led to the second floor.

不幸的是,他正好站在通往二樓的狹窄樓梯的拐角處。

I looked around and saw that he was airborne, going backwards down the steps.

我轉過頭去,發現他四腳騰空,朝樓梯下面倒去。

He seemed about to crack his head wide open on the wooden steps when someone stripping their sheets on the first floor let their mattress fall on the bottom of the steps.

眼看他就要在木頭階梯上摔個腦袋開花,突然,一個正在一樓拆牀單的人把牀墊放在樓梯底部。

My friend landed on the mattress and rolled safely off of it.

我的朋友摔進了牀墊裏,打了個滾,安全無恙。

The pillow fight stopped cold as we all gazed in amazement.

我們目瞪口呆的看着這一切,枕頭大戰戛然而止。

 "Whoa!," someone said. "What a lucky break!"

“哇!”有人叫到,“真是太走運啦!”

Looking back on that moment now I know that it wasn't just a lucky break.

 現在再回想那個時刻,我知道這不單單是運氣。

So many of us these days focus on the times when something bad happens to us.

如今我們中許多人只會去注意那些壞事情真的降臨的時候。

We fail to see all of the times when something bad could have happened to us and miraculously didn't.

我們沒有發現,那麼多次,某件壞事本會發生,卻奇蹟般的沒有發生。

I know that there are no coincidences in this life.

我知道生命中本沒有純粹的巧合。

We are all watched over. We are all guided. We are all loved.

我們都被他人照看着。我們都被保護着。我們都被愛着

Use your "lucky breaks" here well then.

當你“走運”時,好好珍惜吧!

Don't waste a second of this precious time you are given.

生命給予我們的時間是珍貴的,不要浪費一分一秒!

Live! Learn! Love! This life here is gift to you. Make how you live it your gift to others.

認真生活,學習新知,關愛他人吧!讓你認真生活的態度成爲對他人的禮物!

 

(翻譯:小木)