當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第364期:Trash Rules 扔垃圾規定

美語情景對話 第364期:Trash Rules 扔垃圾規定

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 2.53W 次

Todd: Marion, can you tell me about the trash? How do I take out the trash?

託德:瑪麗恩,你能跟我說說垃圾的事情嗎?我要怎麼扔垃圾呢?

Marion: OK, let's see. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you can leave your burnable trash outside.

瑪麗恩:好,我想想。週一、週三和週五你可以扔可燃垃圾。

Todd: What is burnable trash?

託德:可燃垃圾是什麼?

Marion: Burnable trash is for example, milk cartons, other paPEr things, and food as well. You can put all the remains of your food in the burnable bin.

瑪麗恩:舉例來說,牛奶盒、紙類製品還有食物都是可燃垃圾。你可以把食物殘餘放進可燃垃圾箱。

Todd: OK, so burnable trash is Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

託德:好,所以週一、週三和週五可以扔可燃垃圾。

Marion: That's right.

瑪麗恩:沒錯。

Todd: OK, what about the other trash?

託德:好,那其他垃圾呢?

Marion: OK, on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, you can leave your unburnable trash outside your door.

瑪麗恩:嗯,週二、週四和週六可以扔不可燃垃圾。

Todd: OK, what is unburnable trash?

託德:好,那什麼是不可燃垃圾?

Marion: Unburnable trash is for example, plastic. So you can't burn plastic, so non burnable, or unburnable. So plastic for example, other things that would harm the environment, if you were to burn them.

瑪麗恩:塑料就是不可燃垃圾。你不能燃燒塑料,所以它們是不可燃的。像塑料這種東西如果燃燒會對環境造成損害。

Todd: OK, what about plastic bottles?

託德:那塑料瓶呢?

Marion: That's on Saturday, as well, so you can leave plastic PET bottles and also glass bottles, but in a separate bin. You can leave all those bottles on Saturday, as well.

瑪麗恩:那也是要週六扔的,所以週六你可以扔塑料PET瓶和玻璃瓶,不過要裝在不同的垃圾箱裏。這些瓶子都可以週六扔。

Todd: OK, anything else, like batteries, or clothing?

託德:那其他的東西呢,比如電池和衣服呢?

Marion: Yes, for batteries and clothing there are special days every month, so you have to keep them until maybe one day, or two days in the month when you can leave out things like batteries or clothes, or bigger things.

瑪麗恩:每週有特定的日子可以扔電池和衣服,每月可能有一天或者兩天可以扔電池或是衣服,或是更大的東西。

Todd: OK, and where do I put the trash?

託德:好,那我要把垃圾放在哪裏呢?

Marion: You have to put all the trash in clear plastic bags and leave them just outside your apartment. Just over there, on the left.

瑪麗恩:你可以把所有垃圾放進透明塑料袋裏,然後把它們放在公寓外面。就在那裏,放在左邊那裏。

Todd: OK. Thanks Marion.

託德:好,謝謝你,瑪麗恩。

Marion: You're welcome.

瑪麗恩:不客氣。

Todd: I might have to ask you again, but thanks.

託德:我可能還會再問你,謝謝你。

Marion: Don't worry. That's fine.

瑪麗恩:別擔心。沒問題。

美語情景對話 第364期:Trash Rules 扔垃圾規定

重點講解:
1. for example
例如;比如;
eg. For example, air is invisible.
比如:空氣是看不見的。
eg. Football, for example, is very popular in the world.
比如,足球在世界上是非常受歡迎的。
2. as well
也;還;
eg. The inverse was surprisingly true as well.
反之,情形也驚人的相似。
eg. People with disabilities have got a vote as well, you know.
你知道,殘疾人士也擁有投票權。
3. You're welcome
沒關係,不客氣;
eg. "Thank you for the information." — "You're welcome."
“謝謝你提供的信息。”——“不客氣。”
eg. You're welcome, " he said, his voice choked with emotion.
“不客氣,” 他說,嗓音因激動而哽咽了。