當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 實用生活英語口語 > 美語情景對話 第466期:World Resident 世界居民

美語情景對話 第466期:World Resident 世界居民

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.08W 次

Todd: Hello, can you introduce yourself please.

託德:你好,請做下自我介紹。

Carla: Hi, my name is Carla Edes. And where I'm from is a little difficult, because I grew up in Canada. But then I Moved to Africa. Then I moved to England, and now I've been living in Japan for fourteen years.

卡拉:你好,我叫卡拉·埃德斯。至於我來自哪裏,這有些複雜,因爲我在加拿大長大,之後去了非洲,然後又去了英國,現在我已經在日本生活了四年。

Todd: Wow. That's amazing you've been on four continents.

託德:哇。你在四個大陸生活過,這太不可思議了。

Carla: Yes, four continents.

卡拉:對,四個大陸。

Todd: Where did you grow up in Canada?

託德:你在加拿大的哪裏長大?

Carla: In Canada, I grew up in Vancouver.

卡拉:我在加拿大溫哥華長大。

Todd: Oh cool West Coast.

託德:哦,西海岸。

Carla: West Coast. Very nice place.

卡拉:對,西海岸。非常棒的地方。

Todd: See that's why I like you, cuz I'm from San Francisco. I'm also a West Coast person.

託德:這就是我喜歡你的原因,因爲我來自舊金山。我也是來自西海岸的人。

Carla: Ah, that's why our accents are similar.

卡拉:啊,這就是我們的口音相似的原因。

Todd: Very similar, yes.

託德:對,非常相似。

Carla: Ya.

卡拉:是啊。

Todd: Ya very interesting. So what's it like growing up in Vancouver?

託德:真有意思。在溫哥華長大怎麼樣?

Carla: Wonderful. It's got mountains for skiing and hiking. And I went to UBC, so I had, I was right there, could do all those lovely things. Leave school on Friday night, ski all weekend, get back to school seven o'clock Monday morning.

卡拉:很棒。那裏有很多山區,可以滑雪和徒步旅行。我上的是加拿大不列顛哥倫比亞大學,在那裏可以做所有這些美好的事情。週五晚上離開學校,然後整個週末時間都用來滑雪,週一早上七點再返回學校。

Todd: Wow, sounds fun. Now, UBC is University of British Columbia?

託德:哇,聽起來很有趣。你說的是加拿大英屬哥倫比亞大學嗎?

Carla: Right.

卡拉:沒錯。

Todd: OK, is that the major university in British Columbia?

託德:好,那是英屬哥倫比亞省的重點大學嗎?

Carla: Yes.

卡拉:是的。

Todd: OK. What did you study at university?

託德:好。你大學時學的什麼專業?

Carla: Biology.

卡拉:生物學。

Todd: Biology? Did you ever want to become a biologist?

託德:生物?你曾經想成爲一名生物學家嗎?

Carla: I actually wanted to become a doctor.

卡拉:實際上我想當一名醫生。

Todd: OK.

託德:好。

Carla: And then I got foiled in that. So then I studied, I did research in the biology department there. Then I went to England where I met my husband. Then he went out to Africa. So he wrote me a letter saying "come to Africa". So I wrote him a letter back saying "OK, get me a job". So he did.

卡拉:可是我沒考上。於是我就念了生物系。之後我去了英國,而且遇到了我的丈夫。後來他去了非洲。他寄給我的信上寫着“來非洲吧。”我回信說“好,給我找份工作。”然後他照辦了。

Todd: What was your job in Africa?

託德:你在非洲做什麼工作?

Carla: Teaching, that's when I started teaching.

卡拉:教書,我就是從那時開始教學生涯的。

Todd: Wow. Sounds romantic.

託德:哇。聽上去真浪漫。

Carla: Ya quite romantic. But the really romantic thing was, we got married. When we got married, we got married in Ghana. And we put all our worldly possessions on the back of our motorbike which was sauce pans and a bed roll and a few pieces of clothes. And we motorbiked across Togo and across what was then Dahomey, but is now Benin into Nigeria.

卡拉:是啊,非常浪漫。不過真正浪漫的事情是我們結婚了。我們是在加納結的婚。我們把所有的家當放在摩托車後面,平底鍋、一個睡墊還有幾件衣服就是我們的全部家當。然後我們騎着摩托車穿過多哥和達荷美(現稱多寧)後到達了尼日利亞。

Todd: Wow.

託德:哇。

Carla: That's romantic, don't you think?

卡拉:你不認爲那很浪漫嗎?

Todd: Yes, very much so.

託德:是啊,非常浪漫。

美語情景對話 第466期:World Resident 世界居民

譯文屬僅供學習交流使用,未經許可請勿轉載

重點講解:
1. be from
來自;
eg. The little girl is from the Big apple.
這個女孩來自紐約。
eg. Where he is from is of no consequence to me.
他來自何方對我來說並不重要。
2. grow up
長大成人;成熟;
eg. In some of the more remote hollows, children still grow up hearing songs of Elizabethan times.
在一些較偏遠的山谷裏,孩子們成長過程中聽到的仍是伊麗莎白時代的歌曲。
eg. He did not have a chance to grow up graciously.
他沒有機會在一個良好的環境下成長。
3. get married
結婚;嫁;娶;
eg. They defied their parents and got married.
他們違抗父母的意願而結婚了。
eg. She is old enough that she can get married.
她已達到可結婚的年齡。