當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 英語突破情景對話 > 迷你對話學地道口語第301期:結束 落幕

迷你對話學地道口語第301期:結束 落幕

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.66W 次

特別聲明

迷你對話學地道口語第301期:結束 落幕

該文章中的迷你對話選自口語書籍,其餘講解部分爲可可簽約編輯編寫,版權歸可可網站所有。

迷你對話

A: Mary and I decided to ring the curtain down on our love affair.

我和瑪麗決定分手了。

B: What? You have been in love for six years, haven’t you?

你說什麼?你們相愛了六年了,不是嗎?

A: Don’t make a fuss. Many people divorce after having living together for many years.

別那麼大驚小怪,好多人生活了那麼多年,還不是離婚了。

B: What a pity.

真遺憾。

對話精講

第一、地道表達

1. 習慣用語

ring the curtain down on

2. 解詞釋義

根據習慣,一場戲的開幕和落幕都要響鈴,所以我們說ring the curtain down和ring the curtain up,由“閉幕”而想到結束。因此,這個習語的意思就是“結束”“落幕”。其英文釋義爲:to bring something to an end; to declare something to be at an end。

3. 支持範例

e.g.I'll give you a signal to ring down the curtain when the scene is over.

等這一場演完,我會給你發出鳴鈴落幕的信號。

's time to ring the curtain down on our relationship. We have nothing in common anymore.

我們的關係結束了,因爲我們沒有一點共同語言。

've tried our best to make this company a success, but it's time to ring down the curtain.

我們盡全力讓這家公司成功,但是現在是讓它倒閉的時候了。

第二、詞海拾貝

1. love affair:戀愛

love affair begins with the traditional boy-meets-girl idyll.

戀愛總是以少男巧遇少女這種傳統的浪漫插曲開始的。

r love affair was played out against the background of a country at war.

他們戀愛那時國家正進行着戰爭.

conducts a love affair with my sister.

他在與我的妹妹談戀愛。

's the way it is when you get involved in a love affair .

人在戀愛時就是這樣。

2. in love:戀愛之中

'd been in love, engaged to be married, but the lady broke it off.

他曾愛過一個女子,訂過婚,但那位小姐毀了婚約。

' s my karma always to fall in love with brunettes.

我愛上的總是深褐色頭髮、 淺黑色皮膚的白種女子, 這是我的緣分。

would most probably have fallen violently in love with her.

他十有八九會熾熱地愛上她的。

y guy in class thinks he's in love with that little tart.

班上的每一個傢伙都認爲自己愛上了那個小騷貨。

3. make a fuss:大驚小怪,答題大作

e.g.I don't want to make a fuss over such a trifle.

我不想爲這種小事大驚小怪。

e.g.U.S. imperialism is not terrifying and there is nothing to make a fuss about.

美帝國主義並不可怕,就是那麼一回事。