當前位置

首頁 > 口語英語 > 口語英語練習小對話 > 英語口語練習小對話 第218期:翹辮子 一命嗚呼

英語口語練習小對話 第218期:翹辮子 一命嗚呼

推薦人: 來源: 閱讀: 1.62W 次

迷你對話:

英語口語練習小對話 第218期:翹辮子 一命嗚呼

A: Old Dyson looks as if he maybe kick the bucket any day.

老Dyson的樣子看起來似乎要隨時撕掉似的。

B: Why do you say that?

爲什麼這麼說?

A: I’ve ever seen a living being looked so thin.

我從來沒有見過這麼瘦弱的人。

B: Really? In my eyes it’s normal, as an old man, to be thin is better than to be fat.

真的?在我看來這很正常,人老了,瘦一點總比胖一點好。

A: Maybe you are right.

也許你是對的吧。

地道表達:

kick the bucket

解詞釋義:

和漢語一樣,英語中表示死的委婉說法也爲數不少,kick the bucket就是其中一種。這個詞語是美國俚語,含有詼諧幽默的以爲。舊時,人在懸樑自盡時,常常先站在一個倒放的水桶上,然後將繩子系在脖子上,並把水桶一踢,就這樣一命嗚呼了,所以kick the bucket就比喻“死”。

支持範例:

You're right, and it's enough to make one kick the bucket here.

你的話是對的,這地方真夠把人悶死的。

His heirs were greedily waiting for him to kick the bucket.

他的繼承人正眼巴巴地盼着他死呢。

If he does not take care of himself, he may kick the bucket sooner or later.

假如他自己不多保重身體,遲早會翹辮子。

The old man finally kick the bucket at ninety five.

那老人最後在九十五歲時死去。

詞海拾貝:

1. in one’s eyes:在某人看來

Eg. In my eyes, the problem is not what to teach,but how to educate.

在我看來,問題不是教什麼內容,而是如何教育。

Eg. In my eyes, meeting people are very important in modern life.

在我看來,同人們接觸在現代生活中是很重要的。

Eg. In my eyes , life for us was a path strewn with beautiful flowers.

在我看來,人生是一條鋪滿鮮花的路。

Eg. In my eyes, the pageant of seasons is a thrilling and unending drama.

在我看來,一年四季的絢麗景色猶如一出無盡的動人的戲劇

2. as if:似乎,好像,彷彿

Eg. I found myself staring at her as if she were a phantom.

我不由自主地盯着她看,好像她是一個幽靈。

Eg. It looks as if it set in for a wet day.

看來今天是要下雨了。

Eg. His face wore an absent expression, as if in deep thought.

他面上全無表情,好像在沉思一般。

Eg. It was as if there were a jinx on her whole vacation.

她整個假期過得糟糕透頂,像是有鬼附身似的。